double strollers -- any recommendations?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
hols537

Re : double strollers -- any recommendations?

Postby hols537 » Tue May 25, 638315 1:40 pm

For what it's worth...I've been using a Graco Duo Glider. I wasn't a big fan of the tandem strollers (plus it's pretty heavy), but it's too cold to take the baby out of his carseat all the time and my older son can't do a "stand" stroller yet and he's way too mischevious to walk most places. It's turning out that I like the stroller though. I also have a Maclaren Twin Rally (side by side), but we haven't started using that one yet.

mrs. sagara

Postby mrs. sagara » Sat May 15, 638315 2:47 pm

My sister has a 2 yr old and a 2 month old. She is happy with Baby Trend Sit and Stand stroller.
I ended up buying a Snap n Go, because my car seat and stroller combo were too heavy.
The Baby Trend strollers are very light.
Hope this helps

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Thu Mar 18, 638315 9:10 pm

I'm late to add this, but I absolutley love my Joovi ultra light? I think that's what it is. It's a sit and stand, which my 3 year old is a huge fan of. She can sit on the bench seat (it has a seatbelt for holding an out of control little girl!) or she can stand and ride on it as well. It has an attachment for the carrier as well that was super easy to use. It also has roller blade bearings in the wheels so it steers and turns great. I have no buyer remorse on this at all, we can use it for years, because DD will always be able to hop on for a quick rest, and DS will always have a seat that is super nice. I found it cheapest on ebay, don't pay full price!

bina

Postby bina » Tue Mar 16, 638315 1:50 pm

Hi there see this link http://www.best4babies.com/786_baby_dou ... lers.shtml
maybe it will be of some help to you.They are showing some discounted double baby strollers.

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Tue Jan 27, 637976 11:16 pm

Thanks for the info Paige!

amym

Postby amym » Sun Jan 04, 637976 1:53 pm

Thanks, Paige! That's helpful.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Sat Dec 13, 637975 6:42 am

I got the stroller today!!! It took about 15 minutes to put together, and switching the seats around is really easy. I'm actually incredibly impressed with the construction and function of the stroller. It is definitely heavy, however. No big deal to me as I have the much lighter Peg to take out when it's just me and one kid.

I put Collin in the stroller without the carseat, and it works fine. The seats do tilt rather than recline, but they tilt all the way back so that the infant is lying down. You could definitely use it this way.

The enclosed pamphlet does specifically say that this stroller should not be used as a jogging stroller, Bridget, so it might not work for you.

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Thu Nov 20, 637975 2:12 am

the reviews I read said that they don't really recline.. but the entire seat tilts... just don't know how far back it would tilt? Paige, you'll have to take pics! ;)
My problem is needing something that I can use for daily walks (later jogs) and indoors. I use my jogger stroller more than my regular single stroller now. But the joggers that do both swivel and lock are so dang expensive.. we'll have to sell some things! lol.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Wed Nov 19, 637975 9:37 pm

Amy,
I've ordered my Kolcraft, so I'll let you know. However, I do know that the stroller comes with two fleecy pillow-like infant inserts that go into the seats to cradle the head and take up some of the extra side-to-side room that the infant would have if not using the carseat. Like I said above, the reason I liked the Kolcraft is because you can use the carseat. This was one of my requirements. If this isn't important to you, then you have a lot more options.

amym

Postby amym » Wed Nov 19, 637975 3:40 pm

My gosh, thanks for all of the replies! I'm glad I asked here. I think we're either going to go w/ the Graco because of the two full seats, or possibly the Kolcraft (Anne, I'd love that McLaren, but it's out of our price range!). The only thing I wonder about the Kolcraft is how well it fits an infant WITHOUT a carseat? I actually hate leaving my baby in the infant carseat and almost always use a carrier instead. I killed my back last pregnancy hauling that stupid carseat around.

Paige or anyone else, let me know if you know the answer to this about the Kolcraft.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”