double strollers -- any recommendations?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
aimeejune

Re : double strollers -- any recommendations?

Postby aimeejune » Mon Jun 11, 637973 5:45 am

i too have the baby trend sit and stand. my son is 3 in two weeks. we LOVE it. its very convenient. it reinforces the "BIG" brother thing and makes it a positive experience for him.

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Thu May 31, 637973 11:05 am

I have a sit-n-stand stroller as well. I got the LX model so it came with a full seat that could be attached as well. I used that a lot more in the beginning, esp when I thought the older oen would fall asleep in the stroller.

It was esepcially big with the attachmnt for the infant seat on it, but it was nice to just keep her in her seat. I took the second seat off - so ds could use the stand or jump seat options after we removed the infant seat. Ds was sleeping less in the stroller and wanting mroe freedom.

We still use it and they are now 2.5 and 5 yo. Often the 5 yo rides in front and the 2.5 yo stands!

The newer sit and stands looke easier to use than mine too (one hand fold, parent tray etc.)

I know a lot of people that like the Graco one, if you want two full seats.

mommajo

Postby mommajo » Thu May 31, 637973 7:45 am

I haven't purchased it yet, but I like the Baby Trend Sit and Stand. The only drawback I can see is that the front seat doesn't recline all the way but when your baby is an infant it will hold the baby in its carseat so it can recline that way. It lets your older child ride in back on a jump seat or she can stand while she rides around. My active 4 year old likes to ride sometimes but also likes to get in and out of the stroller frequently so I think this would work best for us.

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Thu May 31, 637973 7:33 am

McLaren! That's the name of the one I loved.

denise

Postby denise » Wed May 30, 637973 10:01 am

I borrowed one from my girlfriend and I believe it was a Graco. I really liked it and may be asking her for it again for this spring. The only thing I didn't care for is that it didn't have a tray or cupholder for me. We have one on our single stroller and I really missed that on the double.

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Sun May 20, 637973 7:19 am

I have the Graco one. It works bests for us because of the price and size. Others were too small or even bigger (hard to imagine). If you plan to use a infant carrier seat with it, it is a little awkward at putting it in and its hard to be able to talk to the baby. The seat almost sits under the back of the stroller where the cup holder is. It is also a little difficult to open and close. It takes up the whole back of our van when we have to take it to the mall. We have used our regularly for 6 months now and have had no problems. I do wish I could have gotten something a bit smaller but they tended not to have a place to put bags while shopping. Overall, price was our biggest issue...we will be using it for a couple of years. Our toddler just turned 2.

My advice is to try them out with your older child sitting in it and putting something in the space where the baby will be. Good Luck!

annegarrett

Postby annegarrett » Sun May 20, 637973 12:19 am

I don't know that I can name the name...but if finances are not an issue, I would go for this Scottish stroller. They are phenomenal (Mc-something or other...)

I did a one in front/one in back double stroller and it worked for years. I lived in Boston and took it on the "T", up and down escalators, etc.

Good luck!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat May 19, 637973 3:30 pm

We just went through this decision. It was a nightmare trying to sort through reviews, specs, and all that stuff. We also wanted the tandem for maneuverability. I have an almost three-year-old who is also small. We didn't want to spend a lot, but we ended up spending more than we intended. We went with a Phil & Ted's E3. It's basically a single with a double seat that attaches either under the primary seat or above the primary seat when used for an infant. It's basically a single or a double depending on what you need at that moment. The attachment is SUPER easy to use and we LOVE it. You can google it to get an idea of what it looks like, and if you'd like the name of the company we purchased from...email me. I saw a dad in the mall with one, and it looked like it was designed for what we needed. It's not made for twins (like most doubles) but for two children: a toddler and an infant, two toddlers, or one child. I can't say enough positive things about it, but be prepared for a tiny bit of sticker shock. We eventually reconciled ourselves with the price since we could continue to use it as a single once Nicolas is out of a stroller so we figured we extended our investment that way. Happy shopping!

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Sat May 19, 637973 12:18 pm

Oh I'll be interested in what others post. I posted about this on another parenting site.. but they all recommended really pricey strollers that aren't really in our budget. I'm planning on putting new baby in a sling and pushing Libby in her stroller for the first month or two... and then hopefully figuring something out by then. I know it will be a must.
I've also heard mixed opinions on the side by side and the tantum... I'm guessing it's one of those things that you just have to go play with them and figure out what you like. Unfortunately, I haven't seen too many double strollers out in local stores. hmmm.
good luck shopping, post what you pick!

amym

double strollers -- any recommendations?

Postby amym » Sat May 19, 637973 6:42 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if not, I apologize! But I need some advice on a good double stroller. I am leaning toward a Graco Duoglider and possibly an Evenflo Take Me Too or a Compass.

Do any of you have experience w/ these? What would be your recommendation? I am due in a few weeks and also have a 3-year-old who is rather small, so she can still ride for at least another full year.

I also want a tandem stroller rather than a side-by-side because they fit better on a sidewalk.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”