Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

Postby paljane8 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 05:52 pm

Alysa,

I am glad you are feeling better. You may just want to check your bp at the grocery store next time you are in. 160/100 isn't great and hopefully it is lower.

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby alysa » Fri Mar 05, 2004 08:31 pm

I know 160/100 isn't good.. it did go lower to around 130-139/95-90 and even had felt bad I called for emergency (when it was 160/100) and went to ER another time even just trying to get help. They didn't do anything to help and my ob had me talk to Postpartom nurse who tried to convince me I had postpart. deppression and anxiety... and also said I didn't have to worry bout pree. well, I've had enough of nurses/dr.'s not taking it serious...

But I am very happy to say as of today I just checked my bp for the first time in awhile and it is - if I remember correctly: a wonderful 125/75 or so [:D] - I can tell I feel better too. The dr. said people don't know when their bp is up - but I really felt it, trouble thinking (that was the worst part), fatigued, and headaches. So like this website proclaims - trust your body you know how your symptoms make you feel - so even whatever a dr. denies or does not take serious - if you feel it necessary to look into your health further don't put it off! Be persistant. It's unfortunate even for me that dr's I feel did not take me serious and "anxiety" is a term I think dr's use if they feel something isn't life threatening... and now that my bp is down I'm feeling better, and I do not have anxiety. I wonder if the dr could explain that?

Well, just goes to show you how important this site is.
[:)]
God bless and heal all here that need it.
Sincerely,

Alysa 24 yrs

Chloe (Feb 9 99, induced-born 37 wks PIH)
Isaiah (Feb 3 04, born 38 wks PIH)
alysa

Postby paljane8 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:10 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better! Are you getting any sleep?

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

Postby tanrad » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:22 am

Hello there! I need some sanity, and reading this forum i realize i'm not alone.
I delivered on 3/3/04 at 35wks3d after my history of HTN, gest diabetes, etc. Baby Emily was 5lbs,6oz and is beautiful and doing great. We both came home 2days after delivery. I had her early, as we expected, since my bp's were still around 160/110 after being hospitalized for 5 days. they are labile, jumping all over the place(even down to 115/74), ALL of my labs were normal. So, my dr's expected them to come down after delivery, and they didn't. My nephrologist(who i've been seeing for 15 yrs after the experience with my first son), took me off the Labetolol and Aldomet last tuesday and begged me to stop breastfeeding so he can get me on some other things. I did, it wasn't going well anyway, and now i'm on HZT 12.5mg /day; Norvasc 5mg twice day; Monopril 10 mg/day; and Toprol XL 50 mg/ twice day. I was controlled prior to pregancy by the monopril and norvasc. my bp on friday in the dr office was 172/118, and i am petrified to take it at home. I feel so much better the past few days, we've been to the mall and out and about and i really feel good, so i don't want to spoil it by seeing a high bp( i used to be soo very diligent about taking it at home.) I go back to dr's tomorrow for another bp check(was there 4 times last week ,and had a normal EKG). We looked back on my chart to 15 yrs ago, and my bp's were 150/100 and bouncing around a few months after delivery then.
I plan on asking for labwork(thyroid, metabolic studies and blood count), i'm sure and hope they'll be normal. I hope I can get a great reading like you did, YEA![:)]. I know it can take awhile for the bp to return to normal, and i'm sure my anxiety isn't helping.
Thanks for listening to me vent!!!
Tanya

Tanya(35)
Jake(38)
Shaun (15 y/o- 34wks w/ severe PE)
Garrett (8 y/o- 38 wks- starting PE)
Emily-born 3/3/04 @35wks and doing fantastic!

tanrad

Postby mom2gigi » Tue Mar 16, 2004 07:01 am

I went through the same thing sounds like. I also had to quit breastfeeding to take all my meds. I was in ICU for a week after delivery and had EKGs, MRI, heart ultrasounds, lab work done the whole time and they never found anything unnormal. Yes, I can sympathize with you because I think I saw the doctor more than my husband those first weeks after i had Gigi. And I felt the same way, I didn't wanna check my BP and get down because fo the reading. You know everytime I went to the doctor my BP was much higher in the office than at home. I think the anxiety of it all made it go up. Well, hope you and baby are doing well!

Adriana

Had Giselle at 35 weeks due to severe preeclampsia by emergency c-section.
mom2gigi

Postby paljane8 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 07:23 pm

Congrats, Tanya! I'm glad Emily is doing well. She was the same size as Janie at birth! I hope things return to normal for you soon! Any baby pics?

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

Postby alysa » Tue Mar 16, 2004 07:31 pm

My baby is 6 weeks now, I have a few days on & off that I don't feel well at all, then feel great again. I think time and not overdoing it everyday does help. I do feel my bp is recovering or returning to normal. They (dr.'s) did not want to give me any meds. I think it's great the meds seem to be helping you. I believe breastfeeding is very important too for your baby for a number of reasons though; I hope you can try breastfeeding again if you can (if your meds are reduced / etc. at some point; I'd talk with your pediatrician too.)

I haven't still had catscan / MRI done - been too busy now with my 2 babes [;)] - holding my baby boy now even... but do want to have a more thorough physical - glad to know I'm not the only one who's experienced that kind of "sudden numbness" - stll unsure, I'm hoping everythings fine with my head - so to speak, I do have probs with my back and nerves related so I am hoping that's all it was? (plan on going to a chiropractor when I can afford it).

I don't check my bp at home when I'm not feeling well because I do get some anxiety after I see a higher reading. It's better for me to just lay down, drink some water - or eat something (healthy) if I haven't eatten for awhile; I'd call your dr.. though if you feel you need to - & I wouldn't avoid checking bp at home tho especially if you dr. says to or it's necessary. I only get anxiety AFTER not feeling well etc., so I wouldn't ignore symptoms if you feel a certain way. And I think any Dr. should be thorough with someone's symptoms before claiming it to just be anxiety...<-- been there! Anxiety does make high bp higher tho or normal bp higher too.
Glad your feeling better Tanya.

Feeling good for a few days now, and on lack of sleep... not sleeping as much as I need - some nights though I do get enough sleep which is good. Everything with life to health is a little harder after having a baby (& pregnant) with health problems tho it's even that much tougher. Giving it some time as well as prayer...
'God help all who need healing here too, Jesus name Amen.'

God Bless!

Alysa 24 yrs

alysa

Postby paljane8 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:29 am

Alysa,
That was really sweet of you to think of others and send out a prayer in the midst of your own struggles. It never ceases to amaze me how thoughtful you ladies are. I am glad we are a part of each others' lives.

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

Postby alysa » Thu Mar 18, 2004 08:39 am

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal [:)]

I checked out that babies online site and got a page for my little boy for anyone that would like to see pictures!

http://babiesonline.com/babies/m/mybabylove/

Alysa 24 yrs

alysa

Postby paljane8 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 05:49 pm

Alysa,
He is SO cute! Both your kids are. Thanks for sharing-I LOOOOVVE pics! I'll bet Chloe is a big help, eh?

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

PreviousNext

Return to After your baby is born .....