Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
paljane8

Re : Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

Postby paljane8 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:10 pm

I am so glad you are feeling better! Are you getting any sleep?

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

alysa

Postby alysa » Fri Mar 05, 2004 08:31 pm

I know 160/100 isn't good.. it did go lower to around 130-139/95-90 and even had felt bad I called for emergency (when it was 160/100) and went to ER another time even just trying to get help. They didn't do anything to help and my ob had me talk to Postpartom nurse who tried to convince me I had postpart. deppression and anxiety... and also said I didn't have to worry bout pree. well, I've had enough of nurses/dr.'s not taking it serious...

But I am very happy to say as of today I just checked my bp for the first time in awhile and it is - if I remember correctly: a wonderful 125/75 or so [:D] - I can tell I feel better too. The dr. said people don't know when their bp is up - but I really felt it, trouble thinking (that was the worst part), fatigued, and headaches. So like this website proclaims - trust your body you know how your symptoms make you feel - so even whatever a dr. denies or does not take serious - if you feel it necessary to look into your health further don't put it off! Be persistant. It's unfortunate even for me that dr's I feel did not take me serious and "anxiety" is a term I think dr's use if they feel something isn't life threatening... and now that my bp is down I'm feeling better, and I do not have anxiety. I wonder if the dr could explain that?

Well, just goes to show you how important this site is.
[:)]
God bless and heal all here that need it.
Sincerely,

Alysa 24 yrs

Chloe (Feb 9 99, induced-born 37 wks PIH)
Isaiah (Feb 3 04, born 38 wks PIH)

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 05:52 pm

Alysa,

I am glad you are feeling better. You may just want to check your bp at the grocery store next time you are in. 160/100 isn't great and hopefully it is lower.

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)

alysa

Postby alysa » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:18 am

I am so glad to announce my bp is already a lot better... mine was not as high as yours... 160/100 last... I haven't checked for awhile now but I feel much better. [:D] My baby is about 1 month old now... and if I remember correctly it took about a month with my first preg. for my bp to return to normal too. So it feels good now not to worry.

My daughter loves her "new doll" - even lined up her dolls next to him as he slept last night [;)]

It is definitely good to have some help with you after baby's born to help recover faster and make sure to eat healthy too; it does make some what of a difference.

Take care...

Alysa 24 yrs

mom2gigi

Postby mom2gigi » Thu Feb 26, 2004 09:14 pm

I'm 25 and I had severe preeclampsia and I still have high BP, but it's lowered than what I had in the hospital, I think I had 240/100 something. but it should lower significantly by 6 weeks, mine did anyway. Hope all are doing good!

Adriana

Had Giselle at 35 weeks due to severe preeclampsia by emergency c-section.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 03:25 pm

Big congrats! I hope your bp resolves soon and you will be back to normal by that 6wk appt. How does big sis like her new "doll"?

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)

alysa

Postby alysa » Fri Feb 20, 2004 08:12 am

I had a very rapid delivery and took no meds for BP and no drugs or epidural... all nat-ur-al [:D] They only monitered my bp for awhile and my ob didn't seem concerned with it once I delivered.
So, do I refer to my ob or my primary dr at this point? It seems or feels my bp is remaining higher than when I was preg. I don't know if I should resume normal activity or if I should be resting all day??

And I do agree that chronic high bp is something I may unfortunately have to look foward to... I'm praying not though; I have trouble thinking even when it's up too high. So it is still possible I can develop pree? should the dr check for protein in the urine still at this point?

...Thanks for all your comments and help [:)]

Alysa 24 yrs

taras mom

Postby taras mom » Fri Feb 20, 2004 00:46 am

Congratulations, Alysa, and welcome, Isaiah![:D]

It IS possible that you have chronic hypertension; it's too early to tell. A TIA is nothing to mess with, but it sounds as if you're getting good follow-up care. Keep us posted!

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel

mada

Postby mada » Thu Feb 19, 2004 03:35 pm

Congrats on your baby boy!! I hope eveything with your health turns out to be okay!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

amy

Postby amy » Thu Feb 19, 2004 01:45 pm

Alysa,

Did you have an epidural? With my second son, they had major problems "hitting the right spot" and had to poke my spine about 8 times. After I gave birth, I had headaches for about 2 weeks. They said it was due to the epidural and offered a weird medical procedure to fix it. However, I opted for Vicodin [:D] and the headaches went away. Get a nap everyday if you can. My OB recommended it and when I started to do it, I was better in a matter of days....Even 20 minutes if you can?

btw, with both of my kids, it took about 2 months for my bp to resume a somewhat normal state. There aren't a lot of long term studies of preeclampsia (that I know of), but both my mother and grandmother who had pre-e both now have chronic high bp...that's what we might have to look forward to.

Good luck.

Amy -33
DH -33
Zach 4/27/02 @ 34 weeks pre-e
Josh 10/3/03 @ 34 weeks pre-e

Return to “After your baby is born .....”