Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
Forum Moderator

Re : Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

Postby frasiah » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:15 am

Congratulations!! We always love happy endings and I hope that your BP returns to normal soon. Be ware though that you can get PE until six weeks postpartum. (Any of the ladies please correct me if I am wrong.) So continue to be vigilant of yourself and call your dr if you are concerned about anything.

DD sev PE

Forum Moderator

Re : Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

Postby catherine » Thu Feb 19, 2004 09:58 am

Congratulations Alysa and welcome little Isaiah! Don't know anything about TIA but the lucky folks do see their BPs normalize by their 6 week post partum visit. After that, I think further discussion with your GP is warrented. I'm sure other people will join in on this one.

Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors

Blessed with Baby! ... ques. still about BP

Postby alysa » Thu Feb 19, 2004 09:13 am

Hi all!

Happy to announce the birth of my baby! He was 2 weeks early and born very healthy.

I have a couple questions still regarding my health. As I expected I only have PIH and did not develop Pree. But my BP has still not returned to normal and still I am getting headaches and "see stars" 2 weeks postpartom now and at times (usually at night) it is debilitating even.

Also one week before my baby was born I believe I suffered a T.I.A. (a mini stroke). Emergency and even OB dr. thought anxiety and didn't know and reassured me the baby was okay - my symptoms were trouble thinking and communicating and numb right hand, right side of face/mouth and even half of my tongue! it was very frightening... it lasted only a short time and left me with a headache for a day. I plan on now getting a catscan and following up with my primary dr. also regarding my BP.

Anyone ever experience a TIA with PIH or Pree before? - Also anyone have any tips on how long this will last, or reassure me that my BP WILL return to normal soon?

Thanks for your help! and God's blessing be with you...

Rejoicing the birth of my new baby!

Alysa 24 yrs

Chloe (Feb 9 99, induced-born 37 wks PIH)
Isaiah (Feb 3 04, born 38 wks PIH)

Return to “After your baby is born .....”