Co-sleeping woes :P

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
mada

Re : Co-sleeping woes :P

Postby mada » Thu Mar 04, 2004 01:21 pm

Hey Laura,
another thing is have her slepp in the middle...Then when she gets up she will have to climb over someone to get out..or should I say fall out[:)]Or you could always buy one of those bedgate things for the side(like a rail) Sam had one when he started sleeping in his big boy bed. Although the booby traps sound pretty good too!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

laura

Postby laura » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:13 am

SEE? I knew someone would know what to do! Booby traps? Ingenious.

I think a bag of chips would be perfect- there's no way she'd be able to pass up a crinkly bag and it might distract her long enough to wake my tired old rear up. She's such a diver. I don't know how many times I've just caught that one as she was going over the edge by the foot... She's going to be a sky diver, I can just feel it in my bones....

thanks for the suggestion!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

amyk

Postby amyk » Thu Mar 04, 2004 09:28 am

Soooo funny. Unfortunately, I can relate. Chloe had the same pattern that your Cam seems to - starting in her bed, moving to ours, then ultimately ending on the floor. And we have travertine tile in our bedroom.
She's good now, but for awhile we were rigging up the bed with booby-traps all around it so we could hear her before she made her great plunge. We put things that made a great deal of noise around the perimeter of the mattress so that either she would unwittingly crawl over them, or they would fall on the floor before she ever did. Either way it worked, and it would always wake us before she got into trouble. (We usually used some of her toys strategically placed around the sides and end, but in a pinch I have been known to use things like bags of tostitos. Can you imagine if someone walked in and saw that?)
Fortunately, Tristan could care less about being in our bed and he is perfectly content to have his privacy. So far.

Amy

Chloe (8/6/01) 35 weeks, p/e, hellp
Tristan (9/3/03), 32 weeks, p/e and hellp AGAIN

laura

Co-sleeping woes :P

Postby laura » Thu Mar 04, 2004 08:19 am

Mada had so much good advice- maybe you guys know something about keeping little critters from diving off into the abyss when they're snoozing in the big bed.

Cam starts out in her bed, then ends up with us mid-night. I like it because she's such a wild little girl that I use that opportunity to pet her whilst she sleeps, to reduce the chances of pulling back a bloody nub. (j/k) I do like my snuggle time, tho.

Problem? She wakes up before I do, and unlike her agreeable older sister did, she doesn't wake me up- and then she climbs off the end of the bed (presumably in the search of trouble). Two mornings in a row, wakened to screaming 10 month old, who has crawled off the end of the bed and fallen on her head. HELP!!!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

Return to “After your baby is born .....”