airplane travel

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
jana m

Re : airplane travel

Postby jana m » Sun Oct 14, 2007 09:10 am

Christina,
You are cracking me up with the bourbon! LOL!!

Sara, great suggestion! Bribery!!

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:51 pm

Hey, that's a great idea!

Maybe chocolate chip cookies ... and earplugs.
Or maybe chocolate chip cookies, earplugs ... and those little airplane bottles of bourbon, LOL.

sreeve

Postby sreeve » Sat Oct 13, 2007 07:49 pm

One suggestion I've received is that if you're afraid of the dirty looks, bring a couple of packages of chocolate chip cookies and pass them out to the other passengers around you with a smile and en explanation, ie "thank you for your patience, we're traveling with a 3-month old, we hope you'll be understanding if he gets fussy." That way, your neighbors are forewarned, and they know you're doing your best. If they eat your cookies, they can't give you dirty looks!

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Oct 12, 2007 06:56 pm

Thanks, Lynne. It's great to hear that Drake and Beth are doing well!

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Fri Oct 12, 2007 06:30 pm

We just got back from a flight with my grandson Drake who is now 4 months old (AND DOING AWESOME!!!) Anyway, he did excellent on the flight. We made sure that he had his bottle or pacifier for the take off and landings to prevent his ears from hurting and it worked great. He got a little fussy for 3 minutes and then when to sleep for 1/2 an hour and woke up happy. His pedi told us to give him some Tylenol befor the trip and I am not sure if that helped or not, but my daughter gave him some just in case.

As far a traveling with baby formula, you just have to let the TSA person know that you have formula, and as long as you are holding a baby in your arms they are a-okay with that!!! Good luck, traveling with kidos is always a TRIP :-)

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Oct 10, 2007 05:28 pm

Cindy,
Thanks for the reassurance. I guess I still get a little freaked out when Xander cries in public. I have to stop worrying so much about what other people think!

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 04:51 pm

Jana & Christina...

I worked for SWA for many years and travel lots with the kiddies... I never worried about what other people thought when they started to cry... most people are understanding... and the ones that are not... too bad so sad... *evil grin* [:)]

Sounds like you've already received tons of great advise! Good luck to you both!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Oct 10, 2007 03:39 pm

It's just nearby the big food court with both a takeaway fish and chips joint and a posh fish restuarant. If you stand with your back to the Starbucks there, it's along the right hand passageway, a little way down on the left. It's opposite a kind of bar/diner joint.

We were flying to Boston when we found it, so I'm assuming you'd be in the same vicinity.

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 02:58 pm

quote:Originally posted by jana M

The bourbon and 7 Up are for the baby, right?? [:)] [;)]

Hmmmmmmmmm .... Not a bad idea, LOL! [}:)]

Fiona, do you know where exactly the play area is? That sounds like a great idea! Thanks!

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Oct 10, 2007 02:35 pm

The bourbon and 7 Up are for the baby, right?? [:)] [;)]

Return to “After your baby is born .....”