OT... I'm an aunt again!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

OT... I'm an aunt again!

Postby catherine » Thu Mar 25, 2004 08:43 am

[:)][:D][8D]Oh I'm so excited, my sister had a baby girl (#3) for them this morning two weeks early. She complained that it took too long this time....3 hours from first contraction to girl and placenta! Why would she think this? 'cos last time it only took 90 minutes.

I know that we all worry so much as we go through pregnancy etc. Heaven knows, we all have good reason to. It is nice to know that having a baby can be smooth and relatively easy. I was always jealous of how easy labor and delivery is for her. At the same time, I'm so glad that they've never had the scare that we did.

Oh and Nancy..... she doesn't have a name for her either. Seems we're just hopeless in the baby name selection department!!!!!

[:)]

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Re : OT... I'm an aunt again!

Postby laura » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:03 am

Congratulations, Auntie! Seen any pics of this little one yet?

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby bonnie » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:10 am

Congrats Catherine!! How very exciting!

I know what you mean in regards to names. Yoni was "baby boy" rosenbloom for the longest time. Every night before I went to sleep and called the NICU for an update I'd say "hi, this is baby boy rosenbloom's mom calling can I speak with . . .". Wish your sister Good luck with the decision. We were always so afraid that we'd give him a name that we'd later dislike, and really wanted to make sure that the name suited him too. Naming is such a hard thing to do!!![;)]

Yoni's ima

Yonatan 7/10/2002 (35 weeks PE)

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE . . .
http://rosenbloom.homeip.net/yoni
bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:54 am

Wow congrats...I have to admit have very rapid labors too. When they broke my h2o with Sam I went from 1 to 10 (sheer he&&) in 30 minutes and pushed him out in 10!! So no nmae huh?? What are her other two girls names?

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby julie f » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:38 am

CONGRATULATIONS Catherine!!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby catherine » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:41 am

Laura, no pics yet.. she called me on her cellphone from the hospital. At Irish rates, she may have to sell the baby to pay the bill. Last time, she thought her husband had called, he thought she had called, my parents were waiting on them and my niece was almost a week old before I knew she'd been born. I have taunted them many times since on "broken dialling finger" issues since and I think that the message sank in.

Mada, she and her husband have selected very unirish names for their girls. Emily Catherine is the eldest, Jessica Sarah (?) for the middle one. I'm really curious about what direction they go in this time.

Bonnie, I totally understand, we got tremendous hassle from the paperwork folks wanting a name for Chloe last time. She only went 24 hours as BG O'Connell. That always creates havoc anyway, as I don't have the same surname as my husband. So insurance struggles with assigning all the bills correctly. This was a big deal when we were endlessly getting NICU bills for BG O'Connell and then bills for Lucy C.... I spent my days phoning the insurance company to remind them that this was one and the same person.

Catherine
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby denise » Fri Mar 26, 2004 07:23 pm

Congrats AUntie!

Details? Weight, length, etc?[:D]

Ariana-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome/PIH
http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm
denise

Postby catherine » Fri Mar 26, 2004 07:29 pm

Other than gender and a vague 6 lbs and something... in europe everybody works in kilos. You preemie moms can handle the grams but I can't [:p]. Nicky hadn't even seen her for very long because the baby wasn't hanging on to her temp too well and they'd taken her to the warmer for a while.

Catherine
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Sat Mar 27, 2004 06:44 am

Still no name? How's baby's temp. doping?

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby momathelete » Sat Mar 27, 2004 07:04 am

Catherine,

Congratulations and we would like to hear a baby update. Pictures would be nice too, you know!

As for your name confusion in the hospital, I had the same problem. My last name is different than my husband's and he hated it that for identity purposes they used my last name for the baby in the hospital. They would address him as Mr. (my last name) in the NICU. We never corrected them because we really didn't focus on it, but it was digging at him nonetheless. The name plate on the isolette had Cole and my last name and it was like that for all of the kids. I feel like it is a part of me and I liked that. I did tell my husband that I would change my name, but I never got around to it. Socially I am known as his last name, but financially and career wise I used my last name. Interesting! Why did you keep your last name?

Michelle
Moderator -On Bedrest
Interim Local Coordinator -Illinois

mom to Cole (HELP pregnancy, 28 wkr) 5 yrs old
Lainey (preE pregnancy, 29 wkr) 2 yrs old
Ella (PIH, 37 wkr) 8 mns
momathelete

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....