C-section mommies....

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
jacobkaden

Re : C-section mommies....

Postby jacobkaden » Sat Mar 08, 2008 02:15 pm

I got the bikini cut and truthfully, you can barely see it anymore. My OB did an amazing job, esp. as it was an emergency!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Mar 07, 2008 09:51 pm

E-mailing you!

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 09:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by mommy1st

I was grateful I didn't get cut vertical I have heard it is a longer recovery for it and it hurts way worse! Are you and DH TTC? If so best of luck to you!!

Holly: It took a long time to recover from my section. The pain was unbearable! I had to sleep on the couch for weeks, and trying to find a loose fitting shirt and pants not to mention underpants [:I] that didn't rub everytime you would get into the car, sitting for hours in the uncomfortable chairs in the NICU or try to do kangaroo time with Gabrielle

DH & I are not TTC just yet. We are still trying to pay off all the bills we have accumlated since Gabrielle's birth. On top of that we are still kind of in "shock" over her early arrival and don't know if this will happen to us again. On top of all that we want to get outta of the house we are living in now before Gabrielle starts school.

quote:Originally posted by Rebeccac

Me again. If I stretch it out, it's about 5-6 inches (flab makes it hard to tell, LOL).

Did you have stiches or staples? I had staples. The recovery was hard. It took about 3 weeks before I could stand totally straight (bending forward slightly helped it feel better).

Was your section an emergency? Mine was, and so the long cut. (I'm not sure if I had a horizontal cut at all inside.)

Oh yes Rebecca, the wonderful staples...how bad was yours taking them out? I about jumped outta my skin when they took them out!! DH was no help at all he just sat there talking about the baseball team with the nurse while am gripping the pillow trying not to scream my head off. [}:)]

It took me about 4 wks to be able to stand up straight. The worst part was trying to pump right after my section in the hosptial and at home.

Yep, mine was a emergency section..when I got to the hospital they put me on mag than potosion (sp?) but the labor never progressed so they put me upstairs to the high risk section to wait it out.

bellemama

Postby bellemama » Fri Mar 07, 2008 08:42 pm

I had vertical inside and bikini outside. This time, it wasn't an emergency so they did horizontal for both. My OB said they don't like to do multiple verticals, as it really weakens the uterine wall (my uterus was dangerously thin at the scar this time).

My OB was nice enough to fix my first external scar, which was hideous! Now you can hardly see it, just 7 weeks pp...woo hoo!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Mar 07, 2008 02:40 pm

Me again. If I stretch it out, it's about 5-6 inches (flab makes it hard to tell, LOL).

Did you have stiches or staples? I had staples. The recovery was hard. It took about 3 weeks before I could stand totally straight (bending forward slightly helped it feel better).

Was your section an emergency? Mine was, and so the long cut. (I'm not sure if I had a horizontal cut at all inside.)

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Mar 07, 2008 01:45 pm

I was grateful I didn't get cut vertical I have heard it is a longer recovery for it and it hurts way worse! Are you and DH TTC? If so best of luck to you!!

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:20 am

*sigh* I don't think I can handle them cutting me vertical again, if we decide to do this again. That was the worst pain I have ever felt. They actually cut me outside vertical inside horzontal. The outside is pretty close to my belly button so I would say its a good 6 1/2 in long. I didn't think they had to cut so long since she was so tiny.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:38 am

Oh yeah my belly covers up the bikini, isn't it lovely ladies, yeah right!! I tell your stomach will never be the same after you have kids well unless that is that you get a tummy tuck. Which I might consider after we have all the kids we want and are for sure!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:55 am

yep, I have an internal vertical and an external horizontal - and then two more regular horizontals. Like Rebecca, my belly tastefully covers the bikini cut up ;-)

youtan

Postby youtan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 09:48 am

My first c/s was a horizontal on the outside and both horizontal and vertical on the inside - a T cut. They tried a normal horizontal, but had trouble getting him out quickly as needed, hence the 2nd vertical cut. My second c/s was done all horizontal, on the outside they just cut right over the original scar, so no new scars.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”