I'm going in for OB Surgery tomorrow

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : I'm going in for OB Surgery tomorrow

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:09 am

I think that babies KNOW when we are crabby and don't feel good so they respond accordingly!
Take it easy on the painting - best not to 'stretch' out too much LOL.

All of this seems incredibly painful! Hope you feel better soon. When will you know if this did the trick?
Can you imagine the showdog boards? Of course, not sure that dogs have the part that you were operated on but you could always pretend your dog had the surgery! LOL

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 09:52 am

Well I slept 5 hours so the pain isn't too bad to keep me awake all night so thats good. On the other hand the pain meds are making me really "b&tchy" and the baby is extra crabby. My friend who I went to her csection with a month ago, took me to my surgery yesterday (2hours away) and she's going to come over to care for Kade today so that will be really nice. I am still in pain, but it's the same as yesterday so it's bearable. Hoping it's over soon I really want off all these meds. I put off the office painting til tomorrow, but I have to start tomorrow no matter how I feel......looks like it will be possible though.
Thanx again everyone! It's so wonderful to have this board, I mean I surely could not go posting this on my showdog message boards LOL. or any other in the world for that matter LOL.
Maybe Kade will be quieter today,w hy do they crab so much more when you feel bad?

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:36 pm

I hope you are on the mend soon. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. Keep us posted when you feel up to it.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Christina come on you've had 5 kids you could do anything LOL> I sqeel at the thought of having 5 babies and 5 pregnancies LOL! Even hours after surgery , I still feel worse for you LOLOLOL. I don't know how on earth you did it. We'll see what tomorrow brings though I"m starting to feel some very intense pain..................

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi guys! Well I am home from surgery, the Dr. wanted to keep me overnight I said no I can't I can't sleep in hospitals she wanted to keep me on the IV Phentenol and now that I'm home 2 hours away I wish I'd have stayed, I have had 6 vicoden 2nite and at 3pm only 5.5 hours ago I had 3 shots of IV phentenol and a shot in my butt of phenergen and morphine I believe, but I think if this is as bad as it gets I'll be okay. I am in a lot of pian 2nite though. She found a cyst and sent it to pathology, said it was a hard ball type cyst. Hoping that was all that was there.......she's not 100% sure. But she said surgery went well and hopefully it's over now! She was so nice gave me a big hug when I left said call at night if I am in pain...........she was really great.
I 'm off to my opiate sleep now, will post tomorrow if I'm not in horrible pain. Let's hope it stays like this, when I woke up in post-op I was screawming in pain for an hour (barely remember) so I don't know how I'm going ot be tomorrow. The RN Said the first hour is always the worst so we'll see. I don't feel like there's any nerve damage, I coudl tell when I had nerve damage with my wrist from the IV so so far I don't feel that same feeling, just the pain of having 4 stitches in that area LOL. They are going ot disolve I guess.
So much for painting my office tomorrow LOL.
Yeah I'll be sitting on my sid ein bed.............good thing I've practiced that left side bedrest for so long LOL 2 days will be like a walk in the park LOL.
Night! Thanx for your prayers and thoughts today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 03:45 pm

Oh wow, summer! Dang, girl! You have really had a year. We are both just naturally "lucky" I guess, LOL.

I will say a prayer for you (actually I already have. =) ).I hope this all goes well, and you come out with Option C like Jenn said. *wink*

A NEEDLE? Down THERE? (fanning self and trying not to pass out at the thought).
Owie. Just the thought of it brings my knees up to my chin.

((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:25 am

I'm thinking of you today, Summer. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes great!

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Ok, so I cannot imagine the pain you must be in with a "thing" in your girl parts. I had a Bartholin's cyst abscess and thought I was going to come unglued before it finally resolved.

YIKES for you!!!!

You definitely have my prayers

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 pm

Hmmm Summer... I'll trade ya years though.. lol It's a double negative I think! ;) Your Dr. sounds intelligent though!! If that makes ya feel any better! Sleep tight!

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Thank you all! The anesthiesiologist just called and I told him I would not let anyone put my IV but him, because the nurse in my section hit a nerve and it still tingles ( I know your thinking I"m that girl from the movie that everything goes wrong to LOL) so he agreed to put it in. He asked if I had problems with the anesthesia and I said well I threw up through my whole csection but when he asked more questions and found out how LOW my bp's were (diastolic 30 and under LOL) he said that's why, low bp's make you violently ill during surgery. SO that is good news, becuz that likely won't happen since my bp's are nice and stable now. I am terrified though. She said today she's going to go in but if she can' tget to it easily she'll wait for the absess to get swollen again and redo surgery, to avoid doing nerve damage.

Let me tell you, going in for a surgery with a dr. who has never done this surgery, and doesn't even know what it is LOL is so not fun. I feel like a guinea pig. How do you research something with 3 diagnosis LOL. Uh yeah you don't. And to think I let some stupid ER Doc stick a needle in there! OMFG! I am nuts! He could have ruined me! She was like oh wow yeah don't ever do that again LOL.

The good news is I have her oncall # like i did my peri so if anything goes wrong I can reach her immed. She felt so bad for me when she saw it LOL.

Okay off to bed for me! Bet I'll be sleeping real good 2nite. Can't i get a freakin' break around here LOL! It's like one pile of crap after another lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had gum surgery during my pregnancy after the endodontist screwed up my root canals, then the pre-eclampsia and months of bedrest, then failed induction/csection/tubal that I regretted for a while, then post partum depression (which is about gone!!!!) then my family kicking me out of Xmas lol for not letting 6 year olds hold my 4 week old, then THIS! Which happened while my bf was here visint from FL and we spent her vacation in the ER. It's liek come on already! And now surgery on Wed. when I have to paint my new office THursday and Friday becuz I have a friend coming from Czech Republic to pick up a dog shortly. PLus I'm moving my office LOL. And going on a cruise next month. Is there anything else I can add? Oh yeah and the nurse hitting a nerve when she put in my IV....................

NOT MY YEAR!

Is it like groundhog day or something? LOLOLOL.
Despite all of this though honestly I really am happy right now. Just lots of obstacles lately!

Return to “After your baby is born .....”