what are your LO's eating (and liking) these days

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
jenanderson

Re : what are your LO's eating (and liking) these days

Postby jenanderson » Fri Oct 06, 638305 12:36 pm

Love this thread! I had forgotten there were options other than mac and cheese. Sydney is going through a phase(at least that's what I hope it is) where she is super picky. She does love cottage cheese though, we have it nearly every day. She also love banana, but we had to cut them out because they weren't helping her with some potty issues. This is so frustrating, she used to eat everything. Her fav of the week this week is picking tomatoes off the plant and helping herself to them. I just hose off the deck when she's done!

kelly1972

Postby kelly1972 » Mon Sep 25, 638305 11:53 am

Nicole really isn't a picky eater but, certainly knows what she likes and doesn't like. LOl. Here's some of her fav's bread (any kind) yougurt, cheese all kinds of pasta especially ravioli, meat ( will eat kind of meat that we're eating) veggies- she has a hard time with.She does like corn, peas, carrots beans. Fruits she loves banana, strawberries, peaches, pears, watermelon, apple sauce, raspberries. Ice cream and her latest favourites popsicles.

amym

Postby amym » Thu Aug 31, 638305 3:02 pm

Fruit smoothies made w/ blueberries, bananas, ice, milk, honey and cinnamon are good right now b/c berries are in season and cheap. And healthy! We do a lot of cashew and almond butters on whole-grain crackers; carrots lightly steamed with soy sauce and a sprinkle of orange juice and ginger powder or fresh ginger; fish (trout, whitefish, etc.); tofu (pan-fried w/ sesame oil and soy sauce); beans (tacos, quesadillas, corn and bean salad, etc.); cheese curds )we ARE in Wisconsin!) and summer sausage; and fruits galore.

And the fallback is always some sort of pasta -- Annie's mac and cheese, or bowties w/ romano or parmesan and butter.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Sun Jul 13, 638302 7:02 am

Let's see ...

The all-time standby is Actimel (those yogurt drinks). Henry loves the vanilla flavor and will drink the others but isn't crazy about them. Also right up there is sausage, french fries, and kid yogurt. He also loves fresh raspberries (we went and picked some last week - he had an absolute blast but poo'd 3x a day for the next 2-3 days!!!).

Lately though, he's been asking for and eating bananas, apples, oranges, brotchen (bread rolls, but way better than anything in the States - that's one thing the Germans do right: whole grain bread!). He likes grilled chicken breast.

When I set the table, he always gets "real" silverware. I've also bought a set from Gerber that looks real but the knife is completely edgeless. He also gets a real glass and a plastic cup. His favorite to drink is something here called Apfelschoerle - it's a mix of apple juice and mineral water. He likes to "ding" his cup like big people do at fancy dinners (or at New Year's when DH taught it to him!)

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Jul 03, 638302 6:57 pm

Sacha is three and won't eat cheese, ham or much of any meat at all (unless I hide it in a sandwich - he is crazy for bread).

His favourite food is sushi rolls - which is great because he gets a lot of nutrition that way. He loves peanut butter, honey, bananas and cereal. He's a fan of fish - though not crazy about canned tuna. Peas, corn on the cob, avacados. Pasta - he does like bolognese and meat balls.

Quesadillas, French toast. And fruit - heaps of fruit, particularly melon and strawberries and whole apples and pears. The first blueberries arrived this weekend and he eats them by the fist full.

Oh - and ice cream.

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Thu Jul 03, 638302 4:32 pm

(DS is 28 months old)
pizza, yogurt (yoplait kids, the thick, spoon hugging, Dora kind), applesauce, fresh raspberries from the garden, corn, carrots, eggs, PB+J, milkshakes, raisin bran, Sun Chips, steak (yes, that's right, steak), fruit and grain cereal bars, COOKIES!

I forgot muffins, any kind of muffin!

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Thu Jul 03, 638302 3:40 pm

current more than 3 bites at a time foods:

burritos: flour tortilla, refried black or pinto beans with lots of grated cheddar cheese and sour cream
strawberries, watermelon, grapes, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, any berry, pitted fresh cherries, diced tomatoes....all dripping wet messy
pickles, especially dill
potato hot dog buns
yogurt with berries on top
homemade pancakes with peanut butter on top
homemade crepes with strawberries and whipped cream rolled inside
spinach leaves with cream cheese on them
bagels with cream cheese....he mostly just licks the cream cheese
twice baked potatoes, full of butter, cheese and sour cream and tofu

he refuses all pasta, all meat, and eggs.....just nutty...and he will not eat ice cream or sorbet, too cold he says!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Jul 02, 638302 10:56 pm

I guess I'll preface this with the "no food allergies over here" disclaimer, just in case.

Right now Ella's eating a lot of summer fruits (strawberries, kiwis, cantaloupe, watermelon, nectarines, etc). Usually, I either dice them or melon-ball them (the nectarines she just holds and drips everywhere); I also usually let her have a combo of the different colors. For vegetables, we do a LOT of steamed veggies (broccoli, asparargus, etc), and she likes whole tomatoes if we hold them and let her eat it like an apple - she likes them a little on the unripe side. She also loves sweet potato fries (cut julienne, sprinkled with brown sugar, sometimes not though) and baked until crispy. She *loves* homemade pizza. I usually toss on red/yellow bells, pineapple, basil, and mozzarella. I cut her pieces into tiny strips and she loves them. We also do a lot with tortillas and greek flatbread. You can put anything you want inside, fold it over, and toast it on a dry pan. I usually get them pretty crunchy (the tortillas), then cut them into wedges with a pizza cutter. She's really good about eating anything, but she won't touch string or cubed cheese or plain pasta. She'll eat pasta that has marinara or cream sauce, but won't touch them dry! Those are childhood staples, and now I have two kids who won't touch cheese! What?

As for Nicolas, he's still on bread, milk, and bananas. I always give him what I give Ella, but he sticks to the standards.

melly

Postby melly » Wed Jul 02, 638302 6:20 pm

When my son was a year he ate alot of yogurt, blueberries, bananas, lunchmeat, tofu dogs, navy beans, pasta, ravioli, steamed broccoli and peas. He also really liked firm tofu diced in little squares...weird I know. Its hard to remember now what else he ate. My dd will be starting solids in a couple of months so I'm glad you brought this up too.

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Jul 02, 638302 3:32 pm

Carson loves veggie burgers, string cheese, all veggies & fruits, pasta salads, pb&j, yogurt, 'cheesey' eggs (american cheese, 1 egg 3 whites), toast, and pretty much any kind of chicken we prep for dinner :)

He doesn't seem to eat a lot all at once... he kinda grazes through the day.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”