Umbrella strollers.....

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
amym

Re : Umbrella strollers.....

Postby amym » Thu Aug 31, 638305 2:42 pm

Speaking of McClaren umbrella strollers, does anyone know how to get the straps to tighten more? It seems like I have them as tight as they go, and my 16-month-old is STILL too small for them, and she is pretty big for her age. I heard such good things about this stroller and assumed it was user error at first, but I don't think so anymore.

Any ideas?

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Sat Jun 24, 638305 6:27 am

quote:Originally posted by jana M

after seeing this post, I went to BRU and bought the sunshade yesterday. I think it's great! The only thing is that it was a bit breezy when we went out for a walk yesterday afternoon and so the front of the shade kept flopping back, but otherwise it was great! I always worry about xander getting sunburned, so I was so happy to find out about this.

Thanks!

Nice to know it works! Thanks Jana!! :0>

jana m

Postby jana m » Sat Jun 24, 638305 5:00 am

after seeing this post, I went to BRU and bought the sunshade yesterday. I think it's great! The only thing is that it was a bit breezy when we went out for a walk yesterday afternoon and so the front of the shade kept flopping back, but otherwise it was great! I always worry about xander getting sunburned, so I was so happy to find out about this.

Thanks!

melly

Postby melly » Mon May 22, 638305 1:08 am

What a cutie pie! That stroller looks great. It has alot more storage than most umbrella strollers I've seen. Know what you mean about overpacking the stroller! You should see us hit the beach. Its a wonder we get out the door!

mommiesangel

Postby mommiesangel » Sun May 21, 638305 2:13 pm

Thanks everyone! I will def be looking into the BRU site you posted!

I totally love my Graco/Lauren Ashley stroller and so does Gabrielle. My problem is am a "over packer" I have her diaper bag, bottle/formula/sippy mini bag and than the cooler bag. The diaper bag hangs on the handles and than the rest goes on the bottom. So for me to take everything out, load that into the tram while holding Gabrielle, than fold the stroller....you get the idea. :0> I just rather use the small umbrella stroller as best I can w/out over doing it LOL...and just throw that in the tram since its 10 times lighter.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_2010.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_2012.jpg

This the umbrella stroler we have

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?se ... 5002&vid=1

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Sun May 21, 638305 10:20 am

I found handmade versions of the shade at a baby convention in really cool patterns, but the ladies were charging $90.00, so I will stick with the cheapy from babiesrus.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun May 21, 638305 7:58 am

I bought the one that Shannon was describing at babiesrus and LOVED it. I bought it just for the zoo last summer when we were going on vacation and it was a life saver. The only thing though was my big bulky stoller was light green and when it came time to take it off it left the black marks on the stroller, black is the only color the shade comes in. The good thing was that I was pretty much done with the bulky stroller because it had seen better days, Braden was almost 2 at that point.

So, try babiesrus I love the shade protector they have!!

melly

Postby melly » Sun May 21, 638305 7:20 am

I did a search for the netting and found this...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=2302843

It has some great reviews. I might have to get one. Less than $15 bucks too! It says it'll go on any stroller that has a canopy.

I just realized that this is the same shade Shannon posted about

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sun May 21, 638305 5:41 am

We don't have an unbrella stroller. I like the big bulky graco stroller we have because it holds so much stuff, and has the drink holders, etc. So we fold it up and down and take it lots of places. Good luck on finding a better shade tho. There has to be something like that out there.

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Sun May 21, 638305 4:29 am

I purchased the RayShade UV from BabiesRUS. Have not tried it on an umbrella stoller yet, but it should work.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”