You will die when you read this: Scary Story

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
rebeccac

Re : You will die when you read this: Scary Story

Postby rebeccac » Tue Aug 26, 2008 01:22 pm

This might help?

http://www.qualistar.org/

There is a "Find Care for your Child" section.

The other link I posted about lic has a resource and referral number for finding child care :)

Hope this one works better for you!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 am

Summer, Call the Lics number and tell them you are looking for centers not a lics. They can probably direct you to the right place. :-)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:32 am

OMG I would be in jail too!!! In my county, they have a child care referral line. I used it after Sara was born because the daycare she is at now had a waiting list of 1 1/2 years. I got on it at 12 weeks pregnant and she didn't get a slot till she was 6 months old.

Universities have child care programs.

Sara actually attends daycare at a nursing home. It's an intergenerational program.

Churches have daycares too.

Ours doesn't advertise. They finally got rid of the woman that I had problems with in the toddler room. I just got on the waiting list again for the new baby.

preemomof2

Postby preemomof2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 am

OH my goodness...I would call Child services to make sure she never watches another child again...you never know what could happen to someone else in the future.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 09:31 am

Rebecca, the link u posted only has phone #'s to get lic., no daycare centers. any idea how id find the actual daycare centers?

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 09:06 am

Yes there is a Community College about 10 minutes away! I will call them today!

As for churches, I dont like organized religon and dont want it anywhere near my son, so that's out of the question. This is a huge church town and that is a big problem for me, finding things that are not religous for him to attend. Teh infamous Ted Haggard is from here! And that's what Im keeping kade protected from LOL.

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Mon Aug 25, 2008 05:57 pm

Is there a community college near you? some have day care on site for students and will allow non-students to use it as well, if there is room, or if you are affiliated with any church, sometimes there is a local caregiver that is used by several members, so you can get a good feel for their experience.

jana m

Postby jana m » Sun Aug 24, 2008 06:51 pm

Summer,
Is there a university in your area? They may run a daycare that is open to the public. If not, check to see if they have some kind of human development department of some kind of department where people do child-related research and they might be able to give you a daycare recommendation. Or an education department might be a good place too. If nothing else, you might be able to find a child development or education graduate student who would be willing to provide child care for Kade (probably for cheap too). Professors are usually pretty honest in their recommendations (I am married to one, so I can vouch for this!).

I am so sorry that this happened. Poor Kade. Thank goodness Troy came when he did. Otherwise you might never have found out about this.

blythe

Postby blythe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 02:38 pm

Summer, I think Child Protection needs to be contacted regardless. It doesn't matter that she may never babysit again. You can make the report anonymously - there is no way she can find out you called (unless she reads this thread ;->). I think this site has the contact info for your local ofice: http://dhs.elpasoco.com.

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Sun Aug 24, 2008 02:31 pm

Here is another link:

http://daycare.com/colorado/

It looks like it has a lot of good info. (and a number to report child abuse in your state).

Return to “After your baby is born .....”