Totally OT but....... I'm a DINKY tonight

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Totally OT but....... I'm a DINKY tonight

Postby paljane8 » Fri May 14, 2004 05:37 pm

Too funny, Catherine! You are a champagne bottle that Finn, Lucy and Chloe have apparently been shaking for a while! Enjoy your well deserved and...can I say...long over-due break!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)

Forum Moderator

Totally OT but....... I'm a DINKY tonight

Postby catherine » Fri May 14, 2004 05:20 pm

Unbelievable, my children are all at a sleepover at a friend's house tonight. The first time way from Chloe, the first time in almost two years away from Lucy!!!!!

Am I hysterically sobbing........? NO!!! My nails are painted, my pedicure is looking pretty, I'm on my way to the shower with my fancy shower gel.... we're going to a party. I wonder if I've lost all my company manners? Will I be sniffing the air checking for the aroma of dirty diaper? Who knows???

Tomorrow morning, I'm not going to be getting up to the battle thrusts and clangs of Power Rangers, I'm not going to be fighting over Cherrios and juss.... woo hoo. I can lie in.... all the way to 8 am if I want!!!!

Tomorrow afternoon I have to dress up and attend the formal medical school graduation ceremony (the Dean expects us all to be "good academic citizens at least once every three years) which won't be that much fun..... ESPECIALLY with the hangover I plan on having.

Happy friday night everyone

Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors

Return to “After your baby is born .....”