super sensitive baby tummy!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : super sensitive baby tummy!

Postby celticepona » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:48 am

she sleeps through the night if she sleeps next to me![:I] Otherwise, if she sleeps in the co-sleeper, she gets up about 3 or 4 am, I feed and change her, and she sleeps again until about 7 or 8....not bad![:D]

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Postby arj » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:55 am

I'm glad that things are looking up for Emily and her little rumbly tummy! I'm sending you a link for Amazon. They sell ISOMIL formula cheaper than in the stores. Same with Huggies! And if you order more than $25, you can get free shipping. That's what I do with the diapers. It saves a bunch in the long run. Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008PC2B/002-8139228-6713655?v=glance

Allison (28)
DS-Evan, 7/19/2003. PE at 40 weeks
arj

Postby montey » Fri Jun 04, 2004 05:47 pm

HI-
Re: Tummy troubles. My DD had colic etc. allergy to form. and to soy form too. Nutramigen worked great. Since allergy and Nutramigen was needed MD wrote a perscription and formula was paid for by insurance with only a copay...may want to find out about it-if possible. Used zantac for what turned out to be reflux also helped. Tried also reglan-really bad reaction to that. Elevated crib with wood blocks helped too. Best of luck...m
montey

Postby kylesmom » Sat Jun 05, 2004 05:05 am

I am sorry about all the tummy troubles! Kyle was very colicky too- screaming all day and much of the night... I remember counting minutes that he didn't scream in a row! I was exclusively breastfeeding too so I changed up my diet and nothing seemed to help. My instinct told me it was reflux and sure enough it was and once we got him on Zantac he did much better... of course they didn't tell us we had to check in and adjust his dosage as he got bigger so we went through all the screaming again. A little bit of a 'duh' on our part, but when you are sleep-deprived, nothing makes much sense. The best $20 I ever spent was on one of those little wedge pillow-type cushion with the side supports. He slept through the night the first night he was on it!

At almost 10 months, he's now taking 3 bottles of formula/day and it IS expensive! So thanks for the eBay tip- I'm headed there now!

Good luck!

Jennifer 32
Kyle born 8-13-03 @ 38 weeks (severe atypical Preeclampsia and Class I HELLP)
kylesmom

Postby celticepona » Mon Jun 07, 2004 09:40 am

Thanks for the tips!!!! Nutramigen made her colicky...thats why I was pulling my hair out!!!! But she is doing ok on Isomil, although she projectile vomited this morning...but we also just came home last night from a whirlwind trip from upstate NY, to Charlotte, then Atlanta, and back to NY in four days (family wedding[:D])...maybe she's pooped out? but, I will ask about the acid reflux thing when we go back to the doctor again. Thanks so much!

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum.
preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/e/emilyfionaspage/
celticepona

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....