Post Reply FAQ Members Login

DTP allergies

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

DTP allergies

Postby celticepona » Sun May 23, 2004 05:51 pm

Hello all. Emily will be 2 months in a couple of weeks, and will be due for her DTP. I am only going to allow her to recieve the DT shot, for the following reason...she is so much like me in so many ways, right down to being allergic to certain diapers and formula allergies, and we weighed the same at birth. At 3 months old after I recieved my 2nd DTP, I stopped breathing twice and had to be brought back with mouth to mouth rescue breathing. I was put into the SIDS research program, put through *, for my parents and myself, poked, prodded, injected, tied down, and treated like a guinea pig. the end theory was that i had a severe allergic reaction to the pertussis portion of hte dtp. I am scared to death of emily getting that portion of the shot. My mother and I, as well as my doctor, feel teh risk is too great of her reacting the same way I did, and i do not want to put her through that. has anyone else had a similar experience with this vaccination?

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.
celticepona

Return to After your baby is born .....