Samar at 5 months

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Samar at 5 months

Postby suleaf » Sat Sep 12, 2009 09:38 pm

Sam Jam turned five months old on September 10th. He's rolling over now, and gets stuck in odd places. He took a tumble off the bed on Quwe's watch- poor Quwe has been recovering from a tonsillectomy- but Quwe had no idea how mobile the boy is now. He's still a skinny thing, but long, and his soft hair has become more ringlet like and everyone says he is looking more and more like me. Not sure if that is a good thing- I have no recent pics but when I do I will post them.... his baby personality is more like his daddy's, which is a good thing considering my high drama personality!! He's a mellow boy, getting past the reflux finally, and while he "talks" he's still very quiet and reserved- he smiles at those he knows but sizes most people up and takes some time to warm up to new people. He's more cautious and less friendly than I am, more like his daddy with the reserved even tempered personality.... at least for now!
Me- I fall more in love with him by the day. It's hard to imagine how hard all this was for me five months ago... he's starting solids now, and doing ok with it, and it seems more like an adventure rather than something so scary. We all get to know each other more and more each month and my sober, sweet faced boy is the light of my life!! He's still a good sleeper but he is so stubborn and when he is mad about something- watch out!
He's had bad bad bouts with a never ending diaper rash and the teething is rough... some days he is just inconsolable. But we make it through and he sort of bears the pain and gets this resigned look, poor thing.
I have been working the last two weeks- back at school- and it's been ok. Not as upsetting as I thought it would be! I missed being with the students and it's fun to talk about literature and writing again.... I missed my adult friends and am enjoying my teacher schedule as a working mom.... Quwe had some rough spots with the surgery- he really suffered with a lot of pain- and has been home the last two weeks with the little one so next week might be harder for me with the babysitter. But still. I feel pretty good about how I handled it all- although I have to admit to flying home as fast as I could in my car to get to see Sam Jam.
I miss all of you too and it's been hard to balance surgery, returning to school and Sam Jam to post much although I have read here and there. Hope you are all doing well- especially those of you with new babies!!!
suleaf

Re : Samar at 5 months

Postby heather j » Sat Sep 12, 2009 09:48 pm

Su, I just love reading updates from you and little Sam Jam! I'm so glad you're all settling into a groove with each other; it happens, but it does take time to get there - at least, it did for me. It seems with each passing month and year, though you'll trade old frustrations for new ones, you just love them more and more. Poor Quwe and his recovery; my sister had the same surgery at 27, and she was miserable. Anyway, so good to hear from you, and I can't wait to see how that little man is growing!

Love,
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby mommy1st » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh Su I can't believe he's 5 months already?! It goes by fast dosn't it?? Alexa just turned 9 months, ahhh!!!! It's funny because Alexa is just like Samjam because she dosn't like people she dosn't know, lol!! She's more like my husband in that regard but when she's overally dramatic she's more like me, hehe:)
Glad all is well and I hope q's recovery goes fast and painless!!
mommy1st

Postby debbie78 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 08:31 pm

Oh no, Su-- this means he is nearly SIX months now!! How did nearly 1/2 a year pass already?!
debbie78

Return to After your baby is born .....