So... thanks to Nancy....

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
laura

Re : So... thanks to Nancy....

Postby laura » Fri May 28, 2004 10:49 am

You're a good mommy, Captain, and I'm so happy for Lucy-- I can't wait to hear what it is that she has to say! [;)]

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

catherine
Forum Moderator

So... thanks to Nancy....

Postby catherine » Fri May 28, 2004 09:32 am

Who is an absolute role model for advocating for her kids and facing all oncoming obstacles, DH and I bit the bullet and admitted to each other that we thought that Lucy might be dealing with some language delay issues. Considering that a) I'm well known as Cleopatra Queen of Denial (although I occasionally pass my crown to Bonnie) and b) everyone talks too much at our house anyway, this was a huge breakthrough for us. Turns out that she will require some speech therapy to help her with articulation issues and a few other things that the speech pathologist recommended that we deal with now so that she doesn't get frustrated with other peoples inability to understand what she is saying. She still has a hearing test to come to make sure that she doesn't have any issues there. This is considered unlikely because she tested fine at birth and hasn't (yes I agree she is a freak of nature) ever had an ear infection. We'll see soon either way.

So thanks Nancy... lesson learned here LOL!!

[:X][:X]

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors

Return to “After your baby is born .....”