Post Reply FAQ Members Login

So... thanks to Nancy....

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : So... thanks to Nancy....

Postby catherine » Tue Jun 01, 2004 05:28 pm

by catherine (2832 Posts), Tue Jun 01, 2004 05:28 pm

Thanks Suzanne, and everyone else, for the encouragement.

What makes me laugh now in retrospect is that a) you start thinking that you are nuts... then b) you decide to check things out and it turns out to be like when you decide to get a new haircut, suddenly eveything is perfect.. LOL! The night before Lucy went for her assessment she was talking up a storm, complete sentences, multisyllabic words etc. She 2 1/2 btw. We were there thinking that the speech language pathologist would think we were a pair of over-achiever PIA parents.

So two hours of assessment later I don't know if we were relieved because there was a problem or because we hadn't wasted the hard-working woman's time! There were always the issues of local accent, some of the things that were indistinct to her were very clear to us...not to mention that our poor kids always say "haytch" instead of "atch" for the letter H. It's the Irish, we can't help it!

So it seems that while most of her language is progressing well, her articulation is moderately delayed. We're still waiting for the full report so I don't know yet what we're letting ourselves in for. In most ways we feel just as you do.... if this is the worst thing that preeclampsia might have visited on her.... thanks very much... we're thrilled.

Fortunately we have no insurance worries, through work we have a simply awesome insurance including the mundo "faculty" clause which gives us the perfect no co-pay situation. I love our pediatrician, I emailed her on a thursday evening and by the next morning she had replied and by lunchtime the appointment was made for one week later. Can't beat that for service no?

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Re : So... thanks to Nancy....

Postby paljane8 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 08:13 pm

by paljane8 (1416 Posts), Tue Jun 01, 2004 08:13 pm

I hate that report, Catherine! It is hard to see it spelled out, so take it with a grain of salt. But, I agree with Stephanie and Suzanne-Lucy will love it! Although, I still blame the ST for teaching Scott "no"!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....