Windy day equals bad cold :0<

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Windy day equals bad cold :0<

Postby mommiesangel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 am

We were at a hot rod/airplaine show given by a friend of ours and it was pretty windy. Despite our best efforts to keep Gabrielle wrapped up and out of the wind we couldn't do it. Now she has a bad head cold (sneezing,runny nose). This also happened when we went to pumpkin patch last year but it wasn't as windy as it was Sunday.

Is this very common with your little ones esp those that had preemies?
mommiesangel

Re : Windy day equals bad cold :0<

Postby trish » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:27 am

I would think it has more to do with allergens in the air than from the actual wind. Especially since it happened around the same time of year as last year. There were times last spring when I didn't take Ali to her sister's soccer games because she'd always come back with a runny nose & goopy eyes.
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Sep 29, 2009 05:08 pm

It's been windy here, too! Wind and cold do not make for "colds", but they can blow around germs from other people (especially when there are a lot of people in an area) who are sick...and allergens. And of course if she touched anything with germs in the past couple of days, it could be from that, too. Just that time of the year...for everyone.:-(
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Sep 30, 2009 07:52 am

I agree. Either allergies, or more than likely, a coincidence. Don't feel guilty, mommy! I hope she feels better soon.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:04 am

I am thinking maybe allergies! Parker's poor little nose has been a faucet lately, but when he was Gabrielle's age a runny nose always turned into an upper-respiratory infection, he gets stronger and stronger as he gets older. Hope she is feeling better.
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby mommiesangel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 03:00 pm

update!
Just got back from the pedi this morning. Good news is he says its just a cold but her toncils are swollen the right one more than the left. He said to keep a very close eye on her to make sure she isn't having issues with swallowing and her temp doesn't hit 101 or higher. If so call them ASAP. Till than we are just going to let it run its course. :0< I been also giving her some homeopathic C-Plus pills to help speed up the process of getting better (it wrked last time) and we tried giving her OJ this AM she took one sip and said "I no like it" LOL! Think maybe it bothered her toncils and thats why she didn't enjoy it of course she doesn't enjoy juice in general so that could be another reason.
mommiesangel

Postby kara » Thu Oct 01, 2009 07:11 pm

Apple juice is very soothing to the throat. OJ does sting a bit on sore tonsils. :-( Hope she's feeling better soon!
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby mommiesangel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Only draw back to that Kara she refuses to drink any juice. I was shocked she drank the OJ.
mommiesangel

Return to After your baby is born .....