Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hypoallergenic Diapers for sensitive bums! :)

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Hypoallergenic Diapers for sensitive bums! :)

Postby celticepona » Sun May 30, 2004 09:57 am

by celticepona (1273 Posts), Sun May 30, 2004 09:57 am

Not to sound like a commercial...but Em has sensitive skin on top of a sensitve belly![:(] Most diapers rip her skin to pieces and leave her all red. I tried the white cloud diapers, and they are perfect, nice and soft, like tissue, they stretch and give, and feel comfy. Her skin isn't breaking out anymore! I wish I had tried them in the first place!!!!!

tummy update...the Carnation Good Start didn't work, so I spoke to a RN practioner, who recommended Isomil...trying that...Similac was the only formula I could tolerate...so maybe I will find some releif in that line...wish me luck![|)]

DD Emily born 4-01-04 at 37 weeks due to severe PE/Eclampsia. Currently postpartum. preeclampsic/hyperreflexic. On medication.
celticepona

Re : Hypoallergenic Diapers for sensitive bums! :)

Postby kylesmom » Mon May 31, 2004 06:19 am

by kylesmom (186 Posts), Mon May 31, 2004 06:19 am

White Cloud, eh? I will pass that along to some of my pg friends... Kyle got a big diaper rash in his first few weeks too and we figured out that the wipes were breaking his skin down b/c he was changed so often in the beginning. We switched to facecloths with warm water and used a little Balmex and he has been perfect ever since! I am sure they covered that little tidbit in our last childbirth class, but we had to skip it b/c I was busy giving birth!!![:D]

Good luck with the new formula!

Jennifer 32
Kyle born 8-13-03 @ 38 weeks (severe atypical Preeclampsia and Class I HELLP)
kylesmom

Postby catherine » Mon May 31, 2004 06:47 am

by catherine (2832 Posts), Mon May 31, 2004 06:47 am

That's nifty, they told us at my childbirth class that if the baby turned out to be allergic to Huggies Supremes (supposedly the least allergenic) then it was cloth diapers for us and GOOD LUCK!!

I'm with you on the wipes Jennifer, Chloe has only been able to tolerate Huggies Newborn wipes, everything else gave her the worst rash. At the beginning we went with the facecloth and water but daycare needed something they could use.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby sherry fisher » Fri Jun 11, 2004 02:42 pm

by sherry fisher (384 Posts), Fri Jun 11, 2004 02:42 pm

Oh, I feel for ya. My FAV diaper is the newborn swaddlers by pampers! Awesome! And we have been lucky enough that Anna and Will both could wear them.

I wanted to tell you too....Carnation GoodStart is what we used when I was supplementing Anna's formula and then immediately after. It has always been great for us. Anna's poops stayed consistant and looked like BM poops even on the formula. The only reason I switched to Isomil Advanced is because she was getting fussy. I think she may have a bit of colic. Which Will had something HORRIBLE!!! UGHHH! Keeping my fingers crossed that Isomil contines to work for us. I think at about 4-5 months, I will switch her back. Its cheaper too! [;)]

Sherry Fisher (28)
DH: Bill (35)
Proud Mama to:
#1) Alex 1/1/94-PE
#2) Abbie 12/17/97-PIH
#3 Will 08/03/02-PP PE
#4) Anna 04/06/04 - PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish3/
Baby Annna;
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babyfish4/
sherry fisher

Postby deerhart » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:46 pm

by deerhart (3282 Posts), Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:46 pm

hehe white cloud also makes great pull ups, both my boys wore luvs as diapers (both pampers and huggies leaked like CRAZY!!!) and we moved to white cloud pull ups because the pampers pull up are so expensive. I get 44 white cloud pull ups for $11 and the pampers cost me $13 for 24, and of course having 1 in them all the time and the other using it still to poo well they go fast!

As for formula, Alex could only take the carnation good start, the other stuff bothered him. Mason could and did take everything. We moved both boys from the regular forumla to the toddler formula (for those that don't go to milk after age 1) around 9-10 months to start preparing them for milk. Then around 11 months we would start mixing some regular milk with formula to get the accustomed to the taste of milk and then worked them over to being on milk fully by 12 months.

Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go
deerhart

Return to After your baby is born .....