Torn and do not know what to do

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Torn and do not know what to do

Postby sheri-ct » Sun Oct 18, 2009 08:23 am

Sabrina,

My friend that had the same IUD issue was told that the perforation would heal and not cause any issues with a future pregnancy. Her 3 pregnancies were similar to yours (severe pre-e at 32 weeks, PIH & pre-e) It is such a small hole compared to a c-section and *most* people with c-sections go on to have normal pregnancies. I hope you hear the same news.

Sheri

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 09:55 am

I am so sorry that you went through all of that pain! You know, I think everything happens for a reason. Obviously you can't go the IUD route again, so you are without BC right now. Maybe this is your sign to go for number 4? I had to stop BC pills not too long ago because they found out about my sister's blood clotting issues and then my pcp tested me and found out that I have them, too, so he said I had to stop BC pills immediately since they can cause blood clots. So I called my OB to see if I could talk to her about getting an IUD, and found out that she was out of town for three months. I decided to wait until she got back. I have PCOS and it took almost a year to get pg with Hannah, so I figured there was no way I would get pg within those three months. Boy, was I wrong! It was a shock, but we are thrilled to be expecting #2. Having another baby is something that only you and your hubby can decide. Good luck with your decision and I hope you feel beter soon!
hannahsmom

Postby missgamecock » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Suzanne, I take continuous progesterone and loestrin. So I was double protected for birth control. I use it all to control the endo though. I know if we have another. I am definitely done. I hope he says what sheri's friend's dr said. My ob is pretty laid back and my mfm is agressive. I figure it will all be out in about 2 years and a decision can be made either way. Hope your pe doesn't get worse!!! I also think things happen for a reason and things fall into place as they are supposed to. With my new job, everyone told me how dumb I was not to take it. At that time, it wasn't the right place or time. Then look I got it as soon as I started back to work again after Cate.
missgamecock

Postby surefoott » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am

I can tell from reading on many of your posts that you truly want another child. You have done your 'homework' and you are well aware of risks as well as the changes that can occur. I think you should go with your heart. I can tell you from experience that you will regret not having another, if this is what you truly truly want; you will never feel like your family is 'complete' if you don't follow true to your feelings. You have good responsive doctors, who like you say will take no chances; and you are very alert to what is happening in your body. And, I don't feel it is selfish in any way to want another when you have 3 already. Having those 3 little girls makes it even MORE desirable for you to have another. Maybe you will get pregnant accidentally; then the decision is made for you! Good luck!
surefoott

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....