So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
My ob is on board. My peri is not. She told me not to get pregnant with Cate. She would be on board if I did though. My ob figures I am a big girl, know what I am getting into and can make my own decisions. He would support whatever I wanted to do.
I can relate. I'd love another and my DD is only 3 weeks old. But I know it is not an option for me. My endo makes it impossible to conceive and I can't justify paying for more IVF (we are self-pay), so I'm done:(. What does your OB think? Is he/she on board? (((((((HUGS)))))))
- Registered User
- Posts: 2482
- Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:38 am
- Location: Rhode Island
I can totally understand the feeling to want another..now that Michael is here and he will be 1 (already) in 4 weeks I truly wish he could have a sibling. I just know that I cannot risk it for the sake of my health, life, son, husband etc. I do not think I could do it all again, the NICU too, and I do know that there are no guarantees that my next child might not have any life lasting medical issues. No one can give you an answer...if YOU were my sister, friend, and even me..honestly..I would say and ask WHY and have you considered the real risks other than to your body. It's hard to face the truth...I wish I was in your shoes and could have more than 1.
What can I say. I want another baby. I know it would be our last. I plan on signing consents for a csection hysterectomy as soon as my dr will let me. However, with my uterus wreaking havoc on me. Well that choice may be made for me. Regardless, I figure I have two years to make a decision. I hate that endo and pe are making the decision for me. On one hand I feel it is very selfish to have another one when I have three perfectly good girls. On the other hand, I feel like I could handle another one because I have good drs that will take no chances. In fact, I won't go past 37 weeks period with a mature amnio. Not that I have ever gotten that far. Now I am reading with uterine perforations that that would make another pregnancy even more at risk becuase of rupture at the site of perforation. This devestates me. It's like saying we make the decision for you. I want it to be my decision. I feel like I will always have that regret. I think my ob and I will be having a very LONG talk when I go to my post op appt. This perforation has put things in a new perspective. PE I can handle. How do I handle a potential rupture adding even MORE risk. It doesn't help when people say be grateful for what you have. I always wanted FOUR live children. Always. I always wanted a big family. It just makes me upset that our baby days are most likely over with. A rupture is a big deal.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests