Infant kidney issues

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Infant kidney issues

Postby tree » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 am

Has anyone dealt with hydronephrosis or duplex kidneys before? We just got the radiology scans back after MB's UTI, and they were half good news. She doesn't have any reflux, but she does have some structural issues. We will see the pediatric urologist next month, and internet doctoring makes me feel better. Her pediatrician said it could be watch and wait, which is promising.

tree
Forum Moderator

Re : Infant kidney issues

Postby hope08 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 am

I dont have experience with hydroneprosis or duplex kidneys.My 6 year old just had surgery to correct reflux.They watched her for years, but after years of antibiotics daily and bedwetting the UTI's were becoming more frequent.I hope that they can wait and that things get better.Good Luck!!
hope08

Re : Infant kidney issues

Postby tree » Tue Oct 27, 2009 09:41 pm

I hope your daughter is recovering well from her surgery. We had a VCUG to look for reflux, which she is lucky enough not to have. It sounds like you had a tough time with it. We might be in for preventative antibiotics, and I really don't want to do it. I will if I have to, but yuck. Poor kiddos.
tree
Forum Moderator

Return to After your baby is born .....