We're mobile!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
celticepona

Re : We're mobile!

Postby celticepona » Fri Dec 18, 2009 08:51 pm

Sabrina. I just wanted to give you a very belated congratulations. The last time I was on this forum you were still pregnant! Whoo I was gone awhile! Glad to hear Cate is doing so well and you as well. :)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Nov 24, 2009 08:27 pm

yogurt or acidophillus. Cate is BACK on antibiotics again for 3 weeks too. She started yesterday. She finally crawled at daycare for them. My pcp's son goes there and he adores Cate. Well he stole her toy today and she decided she was having none of that and crawled after him (I told daycare if they had a big screen tv with a very tempting glass tv stand she would crawl for them). Anyway, the dr said to start her on yogurt when she was on antibiotics the first time at 8mos.

Stair climbing, YIKES. We have a gate that blocks off or stairs.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 am

yay for crawling, our little ones are growing up! How did that happen? Yesterday, Aylah climbed the stairs to the second floor! I am in serious trouble now, she is going EVERYWHERE!

Aylah had her first sickness too...double ear infections, poor thing.She is on antibiotic now, are you supposed to give them yogurt while on antibiotics? Or, only if there is diahrea? I bought stoneyfield yogurt, but maybe 10mos is too young for that? hmmmmmmmm, i have no idea!

glad all is well Sabrina!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Nov 17, 2009 07:44 pm

I forgot about that stuff, THANKS. She was on that stuff the last time. It came in a capsule and I bought it at Target and dumped it into her bottles. She still had YUCKY diapers, but not as bad as it could have been bad.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Nov 17, 2009 01:19 pm

They make some acidophilus that doesn't need to be refrigerated now, too. I bought some for myself while on antibiotics for a tooth.

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 am

Yeah for mobility! Sounds like she's doing well in spite of her medical challenges. Enjoy that munchkin.

tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 am

Go Cate Go! We need another couple of months before MB can start doing that... Babyproofing just doesn't take care of itself.
We used regular acidophilus capsules for MB's last round of "Pooprax". Just break them open and dump half into a bottle. Acidophilus needs to be refrigerated, but otherwise you can buy any kind. Our local healthfood store has some in liquid form that might be even easier.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Nov 17, 2009 09:36 am

They have the single serve "packets" in a fridge behind the counter of the pharmacy. It's expensive (like $1 or more a packet) but we didn't need a script. I also discovered a drinkable yogurt thing caled bio salud. It's only a little 2 oz thing but they are only like 88 cents for a pack of 5 & Ali really likes them. When she was on antibiotics for a month we used those & she never had diarrhea.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 07:22 am

Yay! Jonathan learned "no, no, no" very early too :)

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:37 pm

The hospital sent us home with instructions to add this to Ella's food for a week following a very rough bout of rotavirus earlier this year. Ours was scripted and came in tiny single serve packets.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”