Automimmune tests are back

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Automimmune tests are back

Postby tree » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I am sorry you didn't get any answers from the bloodwork - sometimes it sucks to be normal! I am in a similar boat. I just got the call from the nurse that, "hooray, everything looks normal" last night. While not having lupus, RA, etc is good, not knowing is terribly frustrating. All I have is a slightly elevated sedimentation rate, which is another indicator of inflammation. I guess I am an inflammatory person.... My Mom has similar issues and has benefited from consults with Rheumatologists over the years. She swears they are smarter than most doctors and well versed in weird issues. She has never gotten a diagnosis, but they have occasionally at least reassured her that she isn't nuts. Sometimes that helps.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby new_mom1214 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 07:38 pm

Was it the Mirena IUD?
new_mom1214

Postby jmom08 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 pm

I am so sorry you are going through so much!! I hope they can find some answers soon and get you some relief. Hugs and hopes you are feeling better soon!!
jmom08

Postby amanda » Thu Jan 14, 2010 04:49 pm

Alysha -
It wasn't until my pregnancy that my ANA for lupus finally showed positive for the multiple times that they took it. PE has the ability to 'turn on' all sorts of inflamatory issues for some of us. Like Trish I initially went in for this horrid rash and a problem walking - it would seem like I was always 1/2 of a step behind - it was so bad that I was scared to carry Anna Grace for a while - I would just sit and hold her.

When the rhemuy did all the test my titers came back positive with a pattern that suggested lupus. It wasn't until several more tests that they officially said that I had it. That said, they indicated that autoimmune issues a lot of time don't fall into nice neat packages.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I also had some crazy results. Do I have lupus? The tests seem to think so and I certainly have a lot of the symptoms but who really knows? I decided that my medical history was enough vague so I decided that I would go with what they said...LOL
amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby missgamecock » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 pm

I kind of agree with Amanda. There's enough there that something is not right and it is leaning to RA. My joints swell up and hurt. The voltaren helps (she increased the dose awhile back). I missed two days of doses last week due to not being able to find the rx. There was a marked difference. Well see when I do blood tests again if something comes up. I have enough of the symptoms there to suggest something. As you can see, mine isn't a neat little package either.
missgamecock

Postby izabel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 08:32 am

I have never felt sick until I had my son at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP. That was the first time I had a positive ANA test (first time ever tested). Nobody cared about it. Two years later I asked for another ANA test. It was positive again and nobody cared. In top on that I had 680 mg of proteins in my urine, a normal BP and no doctors were able to put everything together and diagnosed me with anything.
It was later on when I got a rash on my skin that I knew I have lupus. I went to the rheumatologist and got more test done (lupus related) together with a full examination. The rheumatologist told me that he can't believe I was never referred to a rheumatologist. He diagnosed me right away. I would go for a rheumatologist if I were you.
izabel

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....