Isn't it funny...

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Isn't it funny...

Postby milesymommy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 04:08 pm

Just something fun to laugh about and compare...
Isn't it funny how we fretted and fretted about things... and a few months after baby is here, none of it seems to matter? We're so busy with little one(s) that everything is a blur and to think back some things are down right hysterical.
I remember when I was pregnant with DS#1 I researched how the different formulas were made so I would make the right choice. I researched the mobiles to see which one stimulated more. I read review after review and watched my diet and read the entire "What to expect when you're expecting" before I was even 3 months along... Now its what's on sale, and McDs on the way home from a doctor's appointment and three childhood development books collecting dust. lol
I still can't believe I spent weeks researching how the different proteins in the different types and brands of formula were made and absorbed.
So, what did other mommies do that is funny in retrospect?
milesymommy

Re : Isn't it funny...

Postby kara » Fri Nov 27, 2009 04:13 pm

Having to have everything BRAND new. I could smack myself for thinking I couldn't use a hand-me down. I got over that real quick after she was here. I can't believe how much money we spent on crib set and stuff. UGH. To do it all over again. Same with my wedding - I would have invited fewer people and spent way less money. :-)
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby jfindley » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Looking back, I can't believe how many preemie clothes I bought! At the time, we had waited so long to dress him while he was in the nicu, that we went crazy with the clothing once we were allowed to dress him. The nurses were so nice about it, but we would change his clothes as frequently as they would let us touch him, they must have thought we were loons! Once we were home, it was just crazy! I ended up with 3-4 large trash bags full of preemies stuff. I was able to whittle it down to one shopping bag of stuff to keep for mementos and donated the rest to the nicu. Maybe should have kept a little more, in case I have another preemie! Guess maybe I can repo some clothes if we do nicu time again!. Oh, and I am right there with you on the mobile thing. It was a ridiculously painstaking decision.
jfindley

Postby kbunsey » Sat Nov 28, 2009 08:24 pm

Buying all the "must haves" according to the magazines and books. For example, The Boppy is ridiculous as a nursing pillow. I'd be better off w/ that "My Breast Friend" pillow that I remember laughing at the name. Also, all the cute stuff in the baby room is just in the way now. Give me a dresser stocked w/ diapers, wipes, cloth diapers, and butt cream - we're all set!
kbunsey

Postby mnmom » Sun Nov 29, 2009 09:39 am

Hey Jessa, I LOVED my boppy pillow :) I agree. All of the "stuff" I thought I needed and really didn't. what a waste.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Return to After your baby is born .....