Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hi again ... and sad day (Essure) (UPDATE)

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Hi again ... and sad day (Essure) (UPDATE)

Postby susheli » Tue Dec 01, 2009 08:03 am

by susheli (480 Posts), Tue Dec 01, 2009 08:03 am

hi again and thank you for your kind and caring responses. ugh, it's still been so SO tough with my poor helena's reflux, she is only calm in my arms anf we may now have to go for a gastric fibroscopy to see why meds aren't helping. so i have just not managed to post here as i want to. this site meant so much to me in pregnancy ' i miss you all and also want to give back! I know it will get easier further down the road...

I wanted to share that I had my Essure 2 days ago. I felt sad, but mostly lucky, so lucky to have my girls, and relieved there is no more pe in my future. i still have high bp and protein, almost 6 months pp. if things were different i'd have loved a big family. but i am grateful for my blessings.

I can highly recommend essure - it was quick and almost painless. I was away from my baby for less than 2 hours.

hugs to you all!
XOX Sush

Hi,
I feel bad for not having been here more often since Helena's birth in August. We've had some tougher months than expected, lots and lots of crying, low weight gain, difficult nights ... but she was finally diagnosed with reflux 10 days ago and thanks to meds I think we're beginning to see the end of the tunnel. Aurelia, my preemie, was on reflux meds from the NICU onwards and so while we struggled with her too, I just didn't know what a term baby with reflux would be like - I feel silly and sorry for having missed the signs for three months! I think with Helena being term I didn't expect anything "should" be wrong...

Despite all this she is such a lovely, smiley baby and we just adore her!

I also wanted to post here as I'm sure you will understand my sadness today better than anyone else. I saw the OB who delivered Helena for my post-natal check today and signed the papers for the Essure procedure. While not pushing me, the doc said at least four times that she thinks I've made the best decision. I've had severe PE twice and am now a chronic. I've had two c-sections, had a scary moment during the second when my bp went from sky-high to very low and recovery from the section plus post-natal PE was terrible. And - more than anything else - I'm so incredibly lucky to have two healthy little girls despite all. Why then am I so terribly sad today...? The Essure procedure will be done by the same OB who delivered Helena in the same op theatre and though I know know know it's the right decision, I just don't know how I'll get through that day.

Thanks for listening.
xox Sush
susheli

Re : Hi again ... and sad day (Essure) (UPDATE)

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Dec 01, 2009 08:52 am

by hannahsmom (1141 Posts), Tue Dec 01, 2009 08:52 am

Hi, Sush -

So good to hear from you. I'm glad you're all doing well. I can sympathize with you. I had my tubes tied during my c-section 2 and a half weeks ago, and I have not stopped crying about it. Looking back, I now realize the MFM was trying to talk me out of it, but I was determined to get it done. I was in a miserable pregnancy again and I knew I never wanted to be pregnant again. I wasn't in my right mind when I signed the papers, or maybe I'm not in my right mind now. I don't know, but the fact that it is so permanent is really bothering me. I'm having a hard time with it, so I can relate to what you're going through. ((hugs))
hannahsmom

Postby milesymommy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:20 am

by milesymommy (336 Posts), Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:20 am

Sush, Suzanne,
(((HUGS))) I can only imagine the sadness. It's closing a chapter on your life, and that's sad, but you've got wonderful children to show for all you've been through.
milesymommy

Postby jacobkaden » Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:31 pm

by jacobkaden (359 Posts), Tue Dec 01, 2009 09:31 pm

I think it's very SAD to end our childbearing years, no matter what our age. I have my consult in February to get my tubes tied and I am very SAD and I turn 44 this week!! It's the end of an era.
jacobkaden

Postby mnmom » Wed Dec 02, 2009 07:50 am

by mnmom (1419 Posts), Wed Dec 02, 2009 07:50 am

Hi Sush,
Agreeing with the others. It is closing a chapter in our lives. I still feel a twinge when I hold a newborn, but I suspect I always will. Enjoy every minute with your precious little girls.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby wrennie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

by wrennie (1019 Posts), Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi Sush, glad to hear an update from you. I havent been around much either, things are so busy! Sorry to hear about the reflux and your struggles. I hope that things get better quickly now. Its sooo hard to know what little ones need! take care girl!
wrennie

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 01:56 pm

by caryn (10110 Posts), Tue Dec 08, 2009 01:56 pm

Hello Sush, good to see you!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby kdreher » Fri Dec 11, 2009 02:47 pm

by kdreher (2482 Posts), Fri Dec 11, 2009 02:47 pm

I had my essure done a few months ago and while I was happy not to risk getting pregnant since I can't take any birth control and I do not do pregnancy well...I was sad that Michael will not have a sibling....but....at the age of 40 I think 1 is enough for me. I do know how you feel.
kdreher

Postby lucy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 02:29 am

by lucy (4706 Posts), Sat Jan 23, 2010 02:29 am

Hugs.
lucy

Return to After your baby is born .....