I've been gone so long and I miss you all...

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

I've been gone so long and I miss you all...

Postby suleaf » Sun Dec 06, 2009 09:11 pm

Ever since I've been back to work, it's been so hard to keep up. I do lurk from time to time to stay caught up with all of you.

I'm doing well. No BP issues. LOTS of trouble losing the baby weight but hey.... typical for me with weight in general. Work is good..... a tricky balancing act but manageable... I'm hosting a Book Fair this week with a few other teachers and I'm excited about that. I'm working with my students to read to the younger students that night.

Now the good stuff.... Samar!!!!!!!!!! He will be 8 months old on the 10th of December. It's so hard to believe. Post partum depression lurks now and again but mostly his humor and personality chase that away. It is rather relentless after all- the constant care... but he's sitting up (in a way) now and he's so funny... he imitates my sounds and has been blurting out "ba ba ba ba ba" lately.... I love him so much. He's doing well at the baby sitter's and he's a happy kid after all those rough months with reflux. We've had some rough times with wheezing episodes and hospitalizations but so far he seems better... he's on a nebulizer now for the unforseen future but we get past things and hey- all these challenges toughen me up.

The funny part is that nothing seems to stop this kid from sleeping through the night. When he had one of his worst wheezing episodes the pediatrician looked at him and said, "He must be waking at night". When I said "No" he told me "You have a really good baby".

Overall, he's reserved but sociable- He always sizes people up before he chats away. He loves going out with me and loves his sleep. He's a good eater and the eczema is better.

Post and tell me how all your babies are doing!! I miss you all!
suleaf

Re : I've been gone so long and I miss you all...

Postby heather j » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Su! I've missed seeing you! I cannot believe your little dude is already EIGHT months!? Goodness. Nicolas was just as you described Samar - always sizing people up, estimating them, and being friendly from my arms. I'll bet you and Q just have soooo much fun with him. It's great to see you post again. Good luck with the book fair; I'm sure it will be a great success.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi, Su - great to hear from you! I was just thinking about you the other day and was wondering how you were doing. I remember you posting about some tough times post-partum, and I can now totally relate. I am so glad to hear that you and your little man are doing well. Take care!
hannahsmom

Postby mnmom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 07:57 am

Su, so great to hear from you! I'd love to see an updated picture of the little man!! Take care.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am

Su - so happy to see you and so happy to read such a great update. Sounds like you are doing great. Just like I knew you would. :)

Lori's right - would love to see a picture.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 am

Su, it is so good to "see" you. We have missed you, but totally understand how hard it is to keep up with everything you have going on! Samar sounds like a wonderful baby and it sounds like you are doing such a great job. Take care of ourself and stop back and check in again soon.
annes
Forum Moderator

Postby jenniferf » Mon Dec 07, 2009 05:05 pm

Su, It's so good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you and Samar. I'm glad you are all doing well. Thanks for the update!
jenniferf

Postby tree » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:21 pm

It is good to hear from you! I was lurking when you were posting more, and I followed a bit of your story while I was home with my daughter. I am glad to hear things are going well.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 01:55 pm

Hello Su!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby kbunsey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 03:16 pm

OMG - I can't believe Sam Jam is 8 months old now! Where does the time go!? I'm so glad to see your post and glad things are better. I knew you'd get through that patch earlier on. You're a survivor. And how 'bout that sleep - nice for you and Q. Post some pictures please.

I had my baby - PE free @39 weeks - AMAZING!!!!! He's incredible.

Come back when you can and keep in touch.

(Oh and as the school librarian - I know how much fun and how much work the book fair can be! I love book buddy programs.)
kbunsey

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....