Katie (kbunsey)

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Katie (kbunsey)

Postby hannahsmom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am

Hi, Katie -

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I hope things are getting better for you. The post-partum period is really tough. I can't believe Wednesday will be a month since Brandon was born. I am looking forward to an update on you and Mr. Kyle.

Take Care -
hannahsmom

Re : Katie (kbunsey)

Postby kbunsey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 03:08 pm

Hi. Thank you for thinking of me. I'm better - much better! I really thought I was going off the deep end for a couple weeks there. I was SO depressed and anxious. It passed. Thankfully. Now I'm just stir crazy. ;-) It is cold now in Cleveland. Target and Costco are my releases. At least I can walk and push Kyle in the cart and not worry about too many germy people b/c those stores are pretty clean and spacious. No malls for us this year.

Part of my postpartum issue was that my mom was being a TOTAL butt head. I'd use other words but they get moderated anyways. She was SO unhelpful in so many different ways AND I was planning on having her be our childcare when I go back to work. Well, at least early on I saw what a butt head she is so I could handle it before any problems actually came up with the baby. I didn't talk to her for 2 straight weeks b/c she was being so selfish and ridiculous. I had this major anxiety about working or not working and perhaps even cleaning out my 403B to use the $ so I wouldn't go back to work. I was FREAKING. And sad. And tired. And sometimes my grief sneaks up in there too. And my FIL has been in the hospital (getting worse each day it seems) and it was just A LOT all at once. And all our cousins and their kids had the Flu so nobody came to visit for a few weeks. Sigh....

So now things have calmed a bit. My mom comes 1x a week to fold my laundry. That's it. She's such a downer. I'm still mad at her. And she's probably mad at me too. I've been out to visit other family so that's been nice. My hubby must have talked to his mom about washing her grubby hands and showering first before visiting (she's a stinky smoker). Kyle is doing well. He's pretty incredible. He slept 7 hours one night this past weekend - that was FABULOUS! He weighed 10lbs5oz today at the Lactation boutique. I'm meeting a lady about childcare this Thursday. A couple other teachers recommended this gal and LOVE her so hopefully it will work out. I've got a handle on the nursing - I think. Last week he had a growth spurt and that was INTENSE. It was so tiring. I found a great Lactation Consultant and a mommy group to join so that was helpful. We took lots of car rides last week. And I bought this baby carrier thing that hopefully will arrive in the mail soon b/c he's getting heavy for our soothing walks around the house. He digs the vacuum when he's fussing and LOVES being held. I can't believe somebody so little can have so much laundry, so many accessories and make such loud, screeching noises when he's hungry. The little man looks like daddy with mom's temper. Wowza! He's smiling now and it really cute in the morning - making all sorts of fun baby faces. He gets mad at me when I make him do tummy time, but loves looking at his mobile and listening to the music.

Suzanne - I LOVE your new profile picture!!! How are the kids getting along? Brandon has a great middle name. Is Hannah in love with her baby brother? How are you feeling? Time flies doesn't it? Good holiday plans or staying low key?
kbunsey

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 08, 2009 03:17 pm

Katie - I'm glad too to see an update from you. It sounds like you are the baby bliss! I'm so happy for you - you will never know how much.

You know, if all your mom does is fold laundry it's still such a huge help! Did you know that Kate Gosselin had someone who came in and did nothing but laundry? It sort of skeeves me out to think of them washing and folding her and Jon's clothes but if it had been me I probably could gotten over it. And fast.

I hope you keep having great days!
amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby brockner1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 04:20 pm

Katie, I am so glad to see your post...Iam really happy for you...And, I miss your encouraging, positive posts in "Pregnant Again" forum...Post some latest pictures of Kyle...

Suzanne, How have you been doing? Did Brandon gain some weight? I also love Hannah's picture on your profile...it is cute to see big sister feeding little brother...
brockner1

Postby kbunsey » Tue Dec 08, 2009 05:19 pm

I'm glad you think my comments are helpful. Sometimes I feel like I'm too much for people. I'll stop by for a visit and check on everyone. If it hadn't been for others on the PF helping me through preconception, ttc and pregnancy I might not be sitting here holding my lovely baby now. :-) Just a few minutes ago I was looking at Kyle sleeping in my lap thinking, "I almost thought you weren't possible and here you are, healthy and beautiful as can be, almost 6 weeks old." I'm so thankful.

Kyle Pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=170693&id=526687328&l=0fd2f89dcb
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=168879&id=526687328&l=be6abe7407
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=164503&id=526687328&l=31997a8651
kbunsey

Postby brockner1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 05:48 pm

Awww..so so so cute and adorable! I had tears in my eyes seeing your pictures...I just dont know how to express my happiness for you...((HUGS))
brockner1

Postby hannahsmom » Tue Dec 08, 2009 08:02 pm

Brockner1 - how is your pregnancy going? March is just right around the corner! Thank you for asking about Brandon. He now weighs 5 pounds, 12 ounces. It's hard to believe he fell to 3 pounds after he was born. He's a big boy now! He can't eat a lot at a time, so he's waking up every hour starving. It's killing me! I know that sleep will come again someday, and it's totally worth the lack of sleep to hold a precious baby in my arms. Hannah is in love with him. All she has ever wanted in this world was a sibling.

I agree with Katie - I would not be holding a precious baby in my arms if it weren't for the PF. I would have never in a million years even considered a second pregnancy if it weren't for the positive stories of second pregnancies that I read about on the forum. All of the encouragement was amazing. It's so nice to be able to talk with people who understand. Just the other day one of my sisters said to me..."See, isn't Brandon precious? And you didn't even WANT another baby." That statement was absoloutely not true. I was just terrified to have another baby. I always wanted another one.

Katie - I'm glad things are going better for you. I'm sorry things didn't work out as far as childcare with your mom, but I found that it was harder relying on family to care for Hannah everyday. I preferred having a babysitter. I know how you feel about not going back to work. I have been trying to devise a plan where I can cash out my retirement and stay home for a while. I have a babysitter lined up, but I want to be the one to stay with my baby everyday. But I need the money and I know I need to go back. I work for a university, and I just found out that our office is being relocated to another state to the main campus at the end of 2010, so that was a bit depressing since I love the people I work with. They found out about the relocation right after I was taken out of work in September, but they waited to tell me until after the baby was born since my blood pressure was out of control. I thought that was nice of them. I can't move, so I am just going to have to be out of a job. I am taking this as a positive sign, though, to get back into my career field of journalism. I have also been depressed about the fact that this is my last baby, and I am kicking myself for my crazy pregnancy mind asking the MFM for a tubal. I wish someone would have stopped me, but I'm the one that signed the papers. I was just so miserable being pregnant and scared out of mind due to the bp's that I swore I never wanted to go through it again. But now I hold this baby and wish I could have more. My husband is also being a major butt head and has been for the last few weeks, but I am trying to ignore him for now in order to keep my sanity. My parents have been out of town and have not been able to help with Hannah or the baby as they promised, so I have been stuck in the house since I can't take the baby out due to his preemie and low birth weight status. I am having a dilemma about Hannah's Christmas performance at school since I don't have anyone to watch the baby....I may just bundle him up and take him with me because she is so excited for me to hear her sing. I'll just have to stay away from other people at the school :)

I also have to say that Kyle is Gorgeous!!! I love the picture of you holding him and the pictures of Kyle with his Daddy. Oh - and the Santa pics are great :) I know that we are both so thankful for our Christmas miracles.
hannahsmom

Postby brockner1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:24 am

Hey Suzanne,

I am doing okay so far but getting nervous as time is getting closer when pre-eclampsia hit me hard in last pregnancy. I have my fingers crossed, i really hope i make it to full-term this time...my goal is atleast 36 weeks...lets see.

I am glad Brandon is gaining good amount of weight. I know it might get little annoying to stay awake at night but as you said it is the best feeling to hold your precious baby in arms. Well, Good Luck with your sleep...LOL!
brockner1

Return to After your baby is born .....