I need some sleep advice

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : I need some sleep advice

Postby tree » Sat Dec 12, 2009 01:04 pm

I also found "Healthy Sleep Habit, Happy Child" very useful. We haven't had to cry-it-out yet, and I am not sure how I feel about it anyway. The other information in the book on how babies learn to sleep is really useful. I think we have been mostly lucky with a good sleeper, but organizing her days and nights a bit helped. I wouldn't have known to do it without the book.
We may be at a decision point for cry it out or co-sleeping after three days of crashing at a friend's house and hotel while really sick and stressed out. She has slept with me/us for the past three nights... Good luck with Allison. My daughter is nearly the same age and starting to wake up more now. It has almost always been due to sickness so far, but I can see her waking up to play on occasion. Teething isn't going to help matters if it ever happens.
tree
Forum Moderator

Postby crystalw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Hey JEN!!!! Jack started doing the same thing awhile back... I think it was teeth.. I did teething tablets at bedtime and that seemed to help. Also when he would wake up I would just get up and rock him for awhile and yes sometimes he would take a bottle. :/ I know its not fun but like you I'm not a big fan of the cry it out method. Anyhow he still gets up once a night for a bottle around 5am and then back to bed. But I'm fine with that. And now he has gotten to where I can put him in his crib wide awake and he will go to sleep. :) That makes me happy! I never did bring him to bed with me because I have tried and he just gets really really excited and thinks its time to play lol. I guess because I always play with him in my bed when I'm making it. Well good luck and you know everyone and every baby is different so you will figure out whats best for you. Another reason they quit sleeping well is if they develop a new skill like crawling.
crystalw

Postby joker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 04:45 pm

Thanks ladies! I think I have some books to buy!
joker

Postby jend01 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 09:31 am

We are having the same issue with our son right now! He goes to sleep fine and then he gets up a few hours after we put him down. If we are in his room he is fine, but as soon as we leave he cries again. We have a really creeky floor too :( Sometimes we just sleep on the floor next to his crib and other times we bring him into our bed and either way he sleeps all night. I am just crossing my fingers that he grows out of it, because I will not let him cry it out either. :) I really like it when he cuddles up next to me anyway.
jend01

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....