Page 1 of 1

Re : Another Possible Surgery :( UPDATE

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 07:51 am
by mnmom
You are all in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Re : Another Possible Surgery :( UPDATE

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 00:01 am
by mellybute
I will also be saying lots of prayers for clarity on the right decision for you all...

Re : Another Possible Surgery :( UPDATE

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:38 pm
by jmom08
Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!!! I will think about you tomorrow!!

Re : Another Possible Surgery :( UPDATE

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:01 pm
by trish
I've been following your blog & saw this. (((HUGS))) I hope you get some good info tomorrow to help you make this decision. I'm so happy to see that Carly is doing so well. How wonderful that must be for all of you. :)

Another Possible Surgery :( UPDATE

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm
by jamie w
Anna continues to be fed via Gtube most of the time. She
still has some vomiting from time to time also. She ended up vomiting and developing aspiration pneumonia:( We were very lucky that we were able to be treated outpatient and so avoided hospital time. Because Anna is still having problems with reflux we have been referred to the surgeon for a possible Nissen Fundoplication. It is where they take the top portion of the stomach and wrap it around the esophagus and stitch it together. I am not sold on the surgery yet and am actually quite scared. If you are the praying type please keep us in your prayers. I need wisdom and guidance to make the right decision about this. We see the surgeon at 10 tomorrow morning.

***************
Anna will be having a nissen fundoplication and pyloroplasty. The pyloroplasty will involve cutting the muscle that connects the stomach to the small intestine so that food will empty out of her stomach faster since she has some delayed gastric emptying. We do not have a definite date yet. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!