Skipping night feedings

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Skipping night feedings

Postby deerhart » Sat Jun 19, 2004 06:33 pm

Amanda
Truely, babies who are fed on demand do put themselves into a schedule of feeding, it just may not be the 3 or 4 hour schedule some docs like to put newborns on. Usually by 6-8 months they are eating 3 meals a day with a few bottles in between and by a year even on demand babies can be eating at the same time their parents do.

The only thing that getsus is that both boys still snack continously through the day because they burn so many calaories.. some days I swear all they do is eat.

Erin

Moderator - Parents of Preemies
Missouri State Coordinator
Mommy to Alex (4)and Mason (1 1/2)
Law Student - 1 year done, 2 to go
deerhart

Postby kim » Tue Jun 22, 2004 08:58 pm

Hi Amanda!
I can't believe that Maija is a month old already. Ainsley used to completely freak us out when she missed a feeding. She was a cluster-feeder. I can tell you that, even though she was a formula baby, she was never on a "schedule." I remember putting water on her feet to try to wake her up in the middle of the night.

As far as co-sleeping... Well, I was adamant about not starting that habit, but 18 months later, Miss Priss still sleeps between us. We also used the SnuggleNest, and it was great. We tried every method to get her out of our bed (co-sleeper, crying method, no-cry method), and nothing worked, so we just resigned to the fact that she likes to snuggle her parents. Not to mention, it is a fabulous form of birth control :-)... Anyway.. Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself. Looking back now, I wish I would have just let Ainsley sleep, instead of torturing her into a feeding.

Take care!

Kim
Texas Chapter Coordinator

Ainsley 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/ainsleyk/
kim

Postby paljane8 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:28 am

Hey Amanda,

How is she growing?

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-5yrs (PE)
Janie-1yr (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby amandab » Thu Jul 08, 2004 08:06 am

Hey Nancy! Good to see you! Maija is doing great! She's 7 weeks old and 8 lbs. and a few oz. already. So she's gained 3 lbs. from the day she left the hospital. We are thrilled! How's Janie doing with the therapy?

Amanda (28)
Hubby (29)
Maija Grace - 5/18/04 (36.5 wks), HELLP
~i~ Aidan Timothy - 4/14/03 (29 wks), pre-e and abruption
amandab

Postby paljane8 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 03:18 pm

WOW!!!! Way to grow, Maija!!!! We just got back from CO. Therapy is time-consuming. Janie starts up again this week so we will see. She can crawl now but, she chooses that 1 armed row thing she is so efficient at. Speech starts this week too.

It is good to see you too!!!!!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-5yrs (PE)
Janie-1yr (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Previous

Return to After your baby is born .....