Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Up for air..

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Up for air..

Postby Raposa » Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:10 am

by Raposa (85 Posts), Thu Jun 27, 2013 09:10 am

Hi, guys. I've been missing from the board for a while, now, since shortly after the new baby was born. I've struggled some with postpartum depression and the usual newborn routine. My blood pressure is finally showing signs of improvement five whole months after giving birth! I'm hoping this continues, and I'm slowly getting past just surviving and moving to doing things again!
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Re: Up for air..

Postby sam10 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 07:15 pm

by sam10 (1441 Posts), Thu Jun 27, 2013 07:15 pm

Welcome back! The first months after baby's arrival can be tough, especially when dealing with 'leftovers' from pregnancy complications like PE or hypertension.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Up for air..

Postby Raposa » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:06 pm

by Raposa (85 Posts), Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:06 pm

How little things have moved on here since last time I posted!

Just over a year, now. My younger baby is cruising, babbling, stacking blocks. I still have high blood pressure. We're keeping it under control with nefedical and labetalol. I plan to keep breastfeeding a good long time, heh.

My husband and I talk, sometimes, about having a third. We planned to before, but with the blood pressure staying, it doesn't feel safe. We've basically put off the decision until the two boys get bigger. They're both spirited kids and take a lot of effort. Maybe later. Maybe not. I pack up some of the baby things for storage and some to give away, depending on how much I liked them.

I still have a kind of tender place from the risks of both pregnancies. I know I got off lightly compared to many, but any TV show or story about babies or moms dying and leaving babies, true or not, is hard to watch. I can't read the newsletters the foundation sends out because of the stories it includes.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Return to After your baby is born .....