Janie update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Janie update

Postby paljane8 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 00:20 am

By the way, girls, I just love hearing how those babies are doing! Keep us informed. I'm stealing Michelle and Donna's idea-thanks!

I am very excited! Janie has just started to smile for real. She coordinates both sides of her mouth and everything. And she is past that fleeting smile thing! These are the real Macoy in response to people kind of smiles! It is a kick! She "Ahgoo"'s at you too which is so fun. I feel like we are just getting to know her. She is still wobbly but, she can hold her head up now. That is also great progress. She is 14 weeks. I put her on the produce scale at the grocery store last Friday and she is 8 lbs 12 oz. She's a little thing but, she is easier to carry!

Nancy-34
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
paljane8

Re : Janie update

Postby raindrop » Tue Aug 19, 2003 08:34 am

Nancy

Sounds like she is doing great!!

you know, I never thought about weighing Wyatt on the produce scales...lol.. I will have to remember that next time i want to know how much he weighs[;)].

Just curious, did anyone at the grocery store say anything when you did it?? I can just imagine the looks *How much does that baby weigh, and how much does she cost per pound?* *I'll take that one she is a cutie* That is what I would have had to say if I had saw.

I cant wait till Wyatt starts to cooing and stuff at us and the real smiles too. Well he smiled at Whitney, but wont for anyone else[:p]. Whitney loves it.

Donna - 31
Richard - 32
Whitney Lynn Rochelle- 6-27-99 - (36 wks due to PE) 5lbs 2oz 18in long
Wyatt Elijah Lawrence- 7-3-03 (34wks 6days due to PIH/PE) 4lbs 6.8oz 17in long

http://www.geocities.com/raindropzplace/Wyatt.html?1057812569412

http://www.imagestation.com/member/?name=raindrop1971
raindrop

Postby jennie » Tue Aug 19, 2003 08:37 am

Hi all!! Just wanted to brag!! Kelly is doing great. At her 1 month appt she was 10 lbs 4 oz. The doc said I should sell my breast milk on e-bay. That is more than a 3 lb weight gain! She is starting to notice toys and tracks you with her eyes, though she hasnt had a real smile yet. Thought she had one this am but it turned out to be gas. We are flying to Illinois tommorow to visit family and will be gone for a few weeks, but I will be checking in periodically on my moms computer.

Leighann, did I see that you live in collinsville? I grew up in Vandalia Il, and went to college at SIU in Edwardsville. Small world eh!! I will be up your way visiting a good friend in belleville and Im sure we will go shopping at st. claire square. I have been in florida for almost 9 years so things have changed alot in that area.

Nancy, that is so sweet to see the smile and hear the coos, I cant wait.

Hope everyone else is well, looking forward to seeing how the babes are doin. [:D][:D]

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
kelly- 7/9/03 - 38 weeks PIH/ with mild pe at the end.
jennie

Postby kim » Tue Aug 19, 2003 09:22 am

Nancy,
You are so funny. I can see all your other kids running around while you put Janie on the scale at the grocery store. Glad she is doing so good. I agree... Smaller babies are soooo much easier to carry. Ainsley was small for so long, then all of a sudden, at 8.5 mos, she's 23 pounds! I can't carry her for very long at all!! My friend's 3 year old is 25 pounds. ACK! I think I have monster baby.

Kim
Ainsley Kathryn 11/26/02-36 Weeks Preeclampsia
http://home.austin.rr.com/schwintz
kim

Postby momathelete » Tue Aug 19, 2003 07:02 pm

Nancy,

I love the Janie update, along with every body else's baby updates!! I am so glad she is weighing so much for you and I also love the produce scale idea. SHe sounds so precious, I wish I could see a Janie smile live to get the full effect!

Take care!

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.
momathelete

Postby paljane8 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 07:43 pm

Thanks, guys. When I get home I will update Janie's website.

Jennie, Kelly is doing so great! 10.4 is amazing! Have a great trip. I bet your family will be excited to see her.

Nancy-34
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 08:45 pm

Janie is 5 months, if you can believe it! She is still such a little thing but, she is cute and charming. She was 10 lbs even at her last check and 23.5 inches long. She is still in 0-3 month clothes. She is nursing without supplimentation now. What a long haul! She won't start on solids until she is about 7-8 months. She doesn't do much yet but, smile and grabs at things. She can lift her head off the ground when she is on her tummy. She can sit propped up in a walker-like toy. She still has low tone and she is visually delayed. She has this super flat head that goes from her ear to 3/4 of the back of her head that has to be evaluted next month. Strangely enough, it is associated with low amniotic fluid. She is a sweet heart and she is progressing.

I got a teddy bear, cut along the seam and unstuffed it. I cut out the face and put Janie inside. She hates it because it is hot but, she is adorable. That is what she will be for Halloween. I'll have to figure how to show pics-it is very funny. Anyone else going out with the kids for Halloween?

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
paljane8

Postby mada » Tue Oct 14, 2003 06:37 am

Hey Nancy!

How are you? Glad to hear Janie is well..she's sucha peanut!! What a great idea with the teddy bear!! You will have to post some pic's...I am heading out to chicago in a week to visit my family and am so excited because my moms neighborhood is infested with kids..so, we ar going to go trick or treating there. Sam is going to be an elephant and Ben is going to be a bumble bee....It should be a blast. Hope your kids are well and keep posted on Janie. Maybe her head has the baby on the back thing. Both my kids had bald spots and flat heads in bsck from being on there backs...Take good care...

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby jennie » Tue Oct 14, 2003 08:02 am

Nancy, YEAH, Janie is over 10 lbs!! Im sure she will be all caught up by 12 or 18 months. Good for you about not needing to supplement!! Not that it is a big deal, as long as they tolerate the formula, but what a relief not to have to since you have been working so hard at it. Does Janie sleep through the night, or are they making you wake her for feedings? Did you use fenugreek or just pump? My ped wasnt sure about the fenugreek, but my friend's doc that is also a lactation consultant highly recommends it. Anyway, great job with Janie, she is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mama.[:D][:D]

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
kelly- 7/9/03 - 38 weeks PIH/ with mild pe at the end.
jennie

Postby paljane8 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 08:32 am

Mada,

Have a great trip! Are you flying this time? Halloween sounds like it will be a blast for your boys! I would LOVE to see pics. Anyway, have a safe trip.

Jennie,

We supplimented with formula because I just wasn't making enough milk. And at that time I was pumping too. Janie went between diarreah and constipation but, she did alright. About a month ago or so she just started keeping up with me. I wonder if it is because she is stronger now and can extract more. Anyway, funny thing about Janie is she has the worst gas! I thought it was the formula. But, no such luck. She can clear a room! And it doesn't matter what I eat. The worst of it is that it does not smell like a baby; it smells like an adult! I know when we are in public that people think it is me!!!!!!
I started fenugreek a few weeks ago and wow. I wish I had done it a long time ago. I have more than enough now. No sleeping through the night yet. She was up last night at 1am, 3:30am and 6am. Usually though, she only wakes twice. How is that little Kelly?

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
paljane8

Next

Return to After your baby is born .....