Janie update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
laura

Re : Janie update

Postby laura » Sat Jan 03, 2004 00:17 am

Oh, Nance- how did I miss your post about your son's kidney infection? I think I was in Kodiak for my Gram's funeral then- a little distracted. Still, that's awful, how is he?
And that Janie, how is she? I'll check and see if your Babiesonline site has any new pics...

Camille is something else. We're having to re-evaluate how we "do" babies. She's very active- so we're having to find things to contain her in every room- playpens, etc, because she's on the move. And very passionate. And holding her is like corraling a drunk- ya never know when you're going to get a left hook to the jaw. But otherwise- she's the happiest, most charming little booger ever, which makes it all so worth it! Wild, though. I'm still marvelling at how two siblings could be so different- it's almost like learing to be a mom all over again! I think it's good because it's making it easier to accept that we may have to stop with two- I'll definitely have my hands full with the ones I already have.

Looking forward to hearing an update!

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

angela

Postby angela » Wed Dec 10, 2003 03:12 pm

Hello everyone~

Nancy, I wanted to comment on Scotties seizures, my first born Parker also had seizure from about 3months until he was almost 18 months old. We too had an eeg (sleep deprived eeg...uck) done and it came back with no significant results. Both my husband and I were quite surprised that his seizures lasted so long.

I will be thinking about you and hope Scotty is only having tremors!

Take Care,
Angela

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 08:37 am

Hey Sandra,

It is SO great to hear from you! I am glad you are settled. I will e-mail soon-I am racing the clock to get my kids to school. How is Stevan doing? How are you? Here's to "Christmas in the Northwest is a gift God wrapped in green"!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

scarrier

Postby scarrier » Tue Dec 09, 2003 05:39 pm

Nancy - Things have been slow-going getting acclimated to life in Kansas, so I haven't been to the forum in a while. I just read your updates on Janie and want to congratulate you on her milestones. I also saw the teddy bear costume - how cute is that and what a clever idea!!! I am also sorry to hear about your son and will keep him in prayer.
Stevan will be four months on the 11th and is trying to roll over, but he doesn't know what to do with the arm on the underside that keeps getting in the way. We are looking forward to his first Christmas, as I am sure you are to Janie's. If you get a chance, please resend your email address - mine is the same, dgcsfc@cs.com. I wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season! Sending good thoughts your way to the Evergreen State (we miss it!) - Sandra

Sandra (35)
Donald (39)
Kyle (13 y/o, pre-e, 38w)
Mariya (10 y/o, PIH, 38w)
Baby Boy (watching for PIH/pre-e, baby has arrhythmia, possible induction at 37w 8-11-03)

mada

Postby mada » Tue Dec 09, 2003 06:35 am

You are so funny!! My hubby and i tried to put the lights up with the kids...what a nightmare!! The zoo was great because it happend to be 55 degrees out that night!! Crazy!! Well, it owuld have benn fun if you guys were in Denver, I would have loved to meet up with you again, but I totally understand..Whatever you all do, have a great holiday!! Would love to see some new pics of Janie!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 08:51 pm

Hey Mada,

I'm glad the boys are doing better. Wow, how scarey! CO has been really hard hit this year! I love the zoo lights but it is the coldest thing we ever did...next to that parade of lights downtown! Burrrrrr!!!! I think we are going to stay here for Christmas. We talked about going out to Denver but, after we spent 10 hrs in gridlock to OR last week, we nixed it. I have the tree up but no lights or decorations on it yet because I am anal about wires not showing. Thus, I put on the lights every year and this year has been busy.

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)

mada

Postby mada » Mon Dec 08, 2003 07:13 am

Oh I hope that Scott has just the tremoring, poor little guy.....When did he start having these episodes? My boys are doing better. They had the flu and I was terrified as 8 children in the denver area have died. Sam is much better and Ben has a leftover cough, but I am so grateful they are okay.. I am so getting flu shots next year....We got our tree yesterday and we took the boys to the lights at the zoo..It was awesome!! What are you guys doing this holiday? Hope all goes well with the results next week, let me know how it goes!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 06:52 pm

She is 7 months-isn't that weird?!!!

Yeah, Scotty is being watched for night seizures. We have a new neurologist that thinks that it just might be familial tremoring. That would be great. We find out the results of the EEG next week. That poor kid went to bed one night over the summer and woke up with a black eye. He didn't even know he had it. Every once in a while he wakes with a bloody tongue or pillow but, it doesn't happen that often.

How are the boys? Are you ready for Christmas?

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs

mada

Postby mada » Sun Dec 07, 2003 07:27 am

Hi Nance,

So glad to hear that Janie is doing well!! That's great that she is progressing so well and you could stop therapy. I can't believe she is 6 months!! I feel like it was yesterday that we were all anticipating her birth!!
So sorry to hear about Scott....Poor little guy. Glad he is doing better now. Why did he need an EEG? Is he the one who was having seizures during sleep? Hope all is good with him, he is very sweet....Hope you are doing well too. I am sure you are busy with holiday stuff [:)] Take good care...

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 09:59 pm

Hey, just a little update. BTW, I want to hear how the other babies are doing.

Janie is doing great. She had her 6 month a few weeks ago. She was 12lbs and 25 inches. She is rolling both directions now. No sitting up yet but, I stopped therapy because she is progressing so well. She still can't eat from a spoon-it just falls out. But, she is good with a cereal plunger. Her version of a laugh sounds more like sarcasm or courtesy-it is hillarious. She still doesn't sleep through the night and the last 3 wks or so she gets up every 2 hours to eat! She's killing me! She is a funny little thing.

My poor little Scotty has a kidney infection. He has hydronephrosis and problems with those kidneys since birth. But, he hasn't had an infection for over a year. He was so miserable but, he is feeling better now that he started antibiotics. The dr wants him to go back to the urologist for more testing. Friday was Scott's EEG-completely separate condition. He did really well. He is such a trooper-that little guy!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-7yrs

Return to “After your baby is born .....”