Janie update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.

Re : Janie update

Postby paljane8 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:30 am

Catherine,

You are a riot! Who spiked your coffee this morning [:p]? I have never heard of "power pumping" I guess I just got a new wrinkle in my brain. What a great idea. I think I will try it. I am not against formula but, yeesh, breast feeding has been such a struggle this time that I'm not yet ready to go down without a fight!

I always wished I inject myself with some of my kids' metabolism. Any chance you could do some research on that, Dr. Catherine????

Oh and yes-I never knew how truly elastic my nipples were until I had kids!

Nancy Eastwood
Moderator/WA State Co-Coordinator

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/
paljane8

Postby sarab » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:26 am

Hey Nancy!

Glad you're back, elastic nipples and all! How was your trip?

That is great that things went well at your visit, and they aren't too worried at this point. Sending chubby vibes your way! (For Janie, not you...[:p]).

Sara, 23
Local Coordinator, Utah

DH, Scott, 25
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03, 29 weeks, severe pre-e
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/
sarab
Site Admin

Postby paljane8 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 05:01 pm

Sara,

Maybe that is my problem...I'm intercepting Janie's "chubby vibes". Guess it is time to get her off my floor and up to the computer screen! (She does such a nice job of dusting the floor under my desk)

OR was great!

Nancy Eastwood

ds-8yrs, dd-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/12/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:34 am

Shoot, I guess I forgot to give the results of the blood work. Janie's white cell count was high but, now she is fine. Her growth hormones were low but, the endocr. says it still could be calorie related. Since starting formula she has gained some and she is back on the "small" track my kids tend to follow. She is in 3-6m clothes now and about 15lbs or so. She is 11m.

I was posting for another reason, though. It took me a few days to process it but, I'm fine with it now. Janie had her developmental re-eval. a few days ago. She tested at a 4-6m level so we are going to start therapy again. She gets occupational (ot), physical (pt), motor, speech (st), and social/behavioral therapies. We did ot, pt and speech with Scotty so DH and I have done this before. Scott did really well and I am sure Janie will too.

Nancy Eastwood

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
Janie-5/03 (PIH, oligo and low blood flow)
paljane8

Postby annegarrett » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:51 am

I have seen Janie! I know this baby is going to be just great. She is a petite and adorable delicate little lady...just like her Mama!

[;)]

Big Hugs and prayers!

Much love,

Anne Garrett
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
annegarrett

Postby catherine » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:17 pm

Hey Nancy, looks like I got me a skinny minny too! Chloe went for her 9 month check up today and with all her clothes on... 15 lb 3 oz, for a total gain in 3 months of 3 oz (some of which must be clothes because last time at the clinic they weighed her naked). She has grown 1.5 inches. Pediatrician wasn't too worried though. She eats like a pig.. talk about a standing start, one week nothing, the next week..falafel, chow mein, beans... anything you care to put on her tray. I guess she's another shrew.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby paljane8 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 08:51 pm

Thanks, Anne. You are awesome! I think she will do fine too. But, call me delicate again and I'll deck ya [:p]! (You know I am kiddin'-don't cha?)

Catherine, ahhhhh...you have a little one too, not that your kids are linebackers by any means. Aren't they so much easier to carry! I am glad the ped isn't worried, different ones react differently. But, I know that as long as they have some growth in height they don't worry as much. Is she on the monthly weight check anyway? Our next one is tomorrow.

Janie meets with the team of ots, pts, and sts on Weds for a more detailed eval. They will give a better estimate of where she is at and what she needs.

Nancy Eastwood

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

Postby catherine » Sun Apr 18, 2004 09:25 pm

Are you kidding me? We waved buh bye until July and her 1 year old check up. Then again, people around here just assume that my babies will grow. We never weight checked Finn or Lucy other than at normal scheduled baby visits and both of them were tiny at the beginning also LOL!

Hope you get lots of good news at Janie's visits on Wednesday.

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors
catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby mada » Mon Apr 19, 2004 06:18 am

Hi Nancy!! Hope you are well[:)] i just wanted to say I hope everything goes well at Janie's appt. I hope she has gained for you!!!

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.
mada

Postby paljane8 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 05:33 pm

Catherine, is that all it takes? Wave buh bye to the doc? Wow, I wished I had know that sooner [:p]! I am glad for you, though! It is such a pain in the keister to go EVERY month!!!! Hope Chloe has a good gain between now and July. I'll let you know how Weds goes.

Thanks, Mada. How the heck are you? We are good. Janie is right back up in the 5th percentile. She is doing so good. She has gained almost 3lbs and just under 2 inches in 3months! She is over 16lbs now which is really normal for my crew!

Nancy Eastwood

Calvin-8yrs
Saren-7yrs
Scott-4yrs (PE)
paljane8

PreviousNext

Return to After your baby is born .....