Janie update

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
jennie

Re : Janie update

Postby jennie » Fri Oct 24, 2003 07:40 am

Great Milestone, before you know it she will be scooting around and crawling- dont want that to happen too soon though, then life becomes much busier!!!!

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH
kelly- 7/9/03 - 38 weeks PIH/ with mild pe at the end.

mada

Postby mada » Fri Oct 24, 2003 05:58 am

Yeah Nancy!! Way to go Janie!! I am so glad she did it!! Sam was the same way!! He didn't roll over until he was like 6 months or so....you owuld never know it now! Pretty soon beforeoyu know it, Janie will be running around with the rest of the kids[:D]

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

laura

Postby laura » Thu Oct 23, 2003 07:43 pm

Hooray for Janie! I love to hear that she's doing well. What as sweet pea!

Actually Camille is just getting the rolling thing down herself.. her new trick is to roll on her belly and wiggle herself into the corner of her bed, and then crying piteously. This age is so much fun!![:D][:D]

Laura-28
DH Jack-30
Allie 5-13-98 (35 weeks-pre-e)
Baby Camille 4-17-03 (36 weeks- htn and oligo)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 07:33 pm

Janie rolled over today! First time and no help. I am just so excited! Kim, she pulled an Ainsley. The pt wanted her to do it by the time she is 6 months. She will be 24 wks on Mon. Nothing like slipping in under the buzzer!

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Scott-born 05-14-99 @38 weeks-PE
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

mada

Postby mada » Fri Oct 17, 2003 07:13 am

Nancy!!! Oh my God!!! You have to send that picture to like parents magazine or something!!! She looks so cute it's not even funny!!! I think she looks like you too!! She's very pretty[:)]I am glad the opt. is confident that her eyes will catch up on her own! That;s wonderful!!

Michelle, I grew up in highlanp park and I lived in the city for 6 years. I have been to naperville many times. I love that little mexican resteraunt I think it's called potters or something? I will be in town for 3 weeks. I am driving out. If you would like to meet somtime let me know. that would be great. Nancy and I met when she was out here and it was so nice to hang out with her and meet her children. You can send me an email I will be checking them at my moms. I will arrive the 26 th of oct. and leave around the 14 th of november.

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

momathelete

Postby momathelete » Fri Oct 17, 2003 05:08 am

Oooooooh, that picture is just SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!! What a great idea you had Nancy!! She is really pretty too. She is such a little thing, I bet it makes you want to snaggle and hold her constantly.

Mada-where in Chicago are you going? I live in Naperville so I am curious.

Thanks so much for the updates. I was just going to put Ella in a pumpkin costume, but now you got me thinking....

Michelle
mom to Cole Thomas -former 28.5 weeker (3-5-99, 3 lbs)due to HELLP and Madelaine Grace "Lainey" -former 29.5 (10-11-01, 3lbs 4oz)weeker due to Pre-E and had PIH with Elisabeth Rose (Ella) -37 weeker,born June 30th 2003 weighing 5 lbs 12 oz and beautiful.

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:10 pm

Jennie,

Kelly is a good little sleeper! Can she push herself up with her chest off of the ground? Wow! Does she get her belly up too? Any rolling? (Sorry I can't remember-and I can't even blame it on preg!) Janie can see fine but, she is visually delayed which means she tracks and follows like a baby who is 3.5 versus 5 months. The pediatric opthamologist thinks that she will catch up on her own. So, we don't have to go back to him unless she doesn't improve. But, so far Janie is progressing it is just slow.

I made an updated website on babiesonline. Go see recent pics of Janie. I also put the teddy bear "ahem" costume up. http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs
Janie-born 05-12-03 @37 weeks-PIH, small for gestational age (oligo and low blood flow)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/4/4lbs/

jennie

Postby jennie » Tue Oct 14, 2003 05:13 pm

Nancy, Kelly is very gassy too, though it doesnt smell too bad, but it is LOUD[:D][:D]. I had a hard time convincing my son the other day that it was her and not me. Otherwise, knock on wood, she is sleeping through the night, well, from 10pm to 5 or 6 am. Works for me, I dont sleep many hours anyway (except when I am prego). She has really been going at it with her fist so I wonder if she is already teething. If I remember right, my second "acted" like he was teething a long time before he actually got a tooth. She loves watching baby einstien videos, and anyone who will talk to her. She is starting to push up from her belly in the last week. She actually kicks her feet, and gets exited and moves a little. I will have NO crawling before 6 months!!!! Anyway, I should be writing this under Kelly's update, not Janies- sorry.

What is Janies vision problems? I watched a show today on PBS about the way infants brains develop, and they made a big deal of treating vision problems early because this is when crucial connections in the brain are made for vision. I guess some kids have cataracts, and they like to take care of those right away.

Nice to hear from you, glad the fenugreek is working, I think kelly is going through a growth spurt, so I am going to try it again.

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 08:32 am

Mada,

Have a great trip! Are you flying this time? Halloween sounds like it will be a blast for your boys! I would LOVE to see pics. Anyway, have a safe trip.

Jennie,

We supplimented with formula because I just wasn't making enough milk. And at that time I was pumping too. Janie went between diarreah and constipation but, she did alright. About a month ago or so she just started keeping up with me. I wonder if it is because she is stronger now and can extract more. Anyway, funny thing about Janie is she has the worst gas! I thought it was the formula. But, no such luck. She can clear a room! And it doesn't matter what I eat. The worst of it is that it does not smell like a baby; it smells like an adult! I know when we are in public that people think it is me!!!!!!
I started fenugreek a few weeks ago and wow. I wish I had done it a long time ago. I have more than enough now. No sleeping through the night yet. She was up last night at 1am, 3:30am and 6am. Usually though, she only wakes twice. How is that little Kelly?

Nancy-35
dh-34
ds-8yrs
dd-almost 7yrs

jennie

Postby jennie » Tue Oct 14, 2003 08:02 am

Nancy, YEAH, Janie is over 10 lbs!! Im sure she will be all caught up by 12 or 18 months. Good for you about not needing to supplement!! Not that it is a big deal, as long as they tolerate the formula, but what a relief not to have to since you have been working so hard at it. Does Janie sleep through the night, or are they making you wake her for feedings? Did you use fenugreek or just pump? My ped wasnt sure about the fenugreek, but my friend's doc that is also a lactation consultant highly recommends it. Anyway, great job with Janie, she is so lucky to have such a dedicated Mama.[:D][:D]

jennie-28
dh-34
chris-7/96-42weeks
alex- 12/00-39 weeks PIH

Return to “After your baby is born .....”