A Walk to Remember in Edison, NJ

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.
jamilyn

Re : A Walk to Remember in Edison, NJ

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 01, 2005 04:01 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for posting, here in Arizona we also have a "walk to remember" Im trying to find out the dates and info for the walk this year. Its a wonderful walk. October is Infant Death Awareness month so its a great way to remember those we have all lost.
Take care

jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Wed Jul 27, 2005 04:48 pm

Hi Cliff: Glad you found us! Thank you for posting. I too would be there if I lived closer.

I am sorry for the passing of Shelby. I hope the walk goes wonderfully. Please keep us posted.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Wed Jul 27, 2005 03:46 pm

Cliff,

Thank you for sharing this information with us! If I lived anywhere close to you, I'd be there in a heart beat.

I'm sorry for the loss that you and your wife suffered and I admire the courage and strenght the two of you obviously share.

Please continue to post with us.

May I suggest that you try posting this same information in the New Jersey section? I'll post the gals a link to this...but a personal invite from you would be special!

Thanks again!

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Wed Jul 27, 2005 01:11 pm

Hi and welcome. So sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. I have not suffered the loss of a child but consider myself extremely lucky bc my p/e developed suddenly and was severe at 24 weeks. I was able to make it to 37 weeks before induction. Too many here know all to well the pain that you and your wife have experienced. I am sure many more will chime in later...Just wanted to say welcome and we are glad you found us. I would love to walk in honor of all the babies/families that have been through such an ordeal but I am not close to the area. The walkers will be on my minds that day though. Hope it turns out well for you.

Take care,

cshap68

A Walk to Remember in Edison, NJ

Postby cshap68 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:36 am

"A Walk To Remember" In Edison, NJ Sat. October 1, 2005)

For those of you looking for an opportunity to walk in memory of the loved ones that were taken from us far too soon, I want to let you know about another walk from a terrific organization. It is called SHARE Pregnancy and Infant Loss Inc.
Many of the couples we have met through this support group suffered from preeclampsia and lost children. My wife and I lost our daughter, Shelby, two years ago at 38 weeks. My wife had pre-eclampsia that turned into eclampsia and Hellp Syndrome. After a placental abruption, we lost our daughter. If an emergency c-section wasn't performed at that moment to deliver our dead daughter, my wife was going to die as well. My wife survived the procedure, but then she had complications the following week and had a seizure. Quick medical attention saved her life yet again.
I have just learned about the Preeclampsia Foundation and believe many of you out there would welcome any and all opportunities to walk in memory of your loved ones. If you live within a reasonable distance of Edison, New Jersey and would like to walk to remember your children and help raise awareness of early pregnancy and neonatal loss, check out the following website or email me at cshap68@aol.com

Walk to Remember: www.geocities.com/walktorememb/index.html

Thank you
Cliff Shapiro

Return to “Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News”