Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Preeclampsia awareness event will honor infant

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Preeclampsia awareness event will honor infant

Postby caryn » Sat Aug 22, 2009 08:41 pm

by caryn (10131 Posts), Sat Aug 22, 2009 08:41 pm

The couple began the walk to try and bring awareness to the signs of preeclampsia, a high-blood pressure condition in pregnant mothers that puts both mother and baby at risk.

Unfortunately the only cure for the condition is to give birth to the baby, whether it's at 20 weeks development or 40 weeks development.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dailycourier/news/mountainarea/s_639170.html

This walk was today -- how'd it go? (Last year's was spectacular. I wanted to be there this year, but got into town at 1 am last night with a bad clutch... sorry!)

Information provided on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disorder, or prescribing any medication. The Preeclampsia Foundation presents all data as is, without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, and is not liable for its accuracy, for mistakes or omissions of any kind, nor for any loss or damage caused by a user's reliance on information obtained on the site. Professional opinions on this condition vary greatly. The Preeclampsia Foundation endorses no one course of treatment or "cure".
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Preeclampsia awareness event will honor infant

Postby kara » Sat Aug 22, 2009 08:46 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Sat Aug 22, 2009 08:46 pm

I am anxiously awaiting word from Chrissy!! I'm sure it was fabulous. She was expecting a large turn-out.
kara
Forum Moderator

Postby Dawn D » Sat Aug 22, 2009 09:28 pm

by Dawn D (504 Posts), Sat Aug 22, 2009 09:28 pm

I'm sure it was a wonderful and touching event!

I was unable to attend since I went to the hockey fundraiser, but the efforts of the Keller family are truly inspiring! It's so great to see this media coverage too!

Dawn D

Postby emmasdaddy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 pm

by emmasdaddy (54 Posts), Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, etc.

As for yesterday we had wonderful weather (I put my request in with a little girl upstairs). Anyway, we do not have our final count finished yet but we had around 130 people. We believe we raised around $4500 but we have not tallied all the expenses yet. Also, we know of a few donations coming in. We are guessing we will be close to the same numbers from last year.

We already have some new ideas for next year's walk on Aug. 21, 2010.

emmasdaddy

Postby kara » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 pm

by kara (6614 Posts), Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 pm

CONGRATS!! I'm so glad you had good weather and a fab turnout. You guys are making SUCH a difference. All our walk coordinators are! And what a lovely way to honor your Emma.

Thank you!
kara
Forum Moderator

Return to Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News