Changes coming for the PF website - UPDATED 10/17

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Changes coming for the PF website - UPDATED 10/17

Postby sarab » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:22 am

I am so pleased to announce that our new website - including a new look for the forum - is nearing completion! These changes will be happening in the next week or two, so stay tuned.

The transition to the new forum should go fairly smoothly. Change, however, does come with it's occasional bumps, so please check back for further information on how your account will transition to the new site.

More details coming soon!

***UPDATE***

Please be aware that the forum will be completely offline and unavailable for a few days beginning this Sunday, October 17th.

This is so our development team can migrate all of our existing forum data to the new forum - keeping all of our posts, profile information, and everything else intact. The new forum should be live and accessible late next week - hopefully by Friday or Saturday.

The new website will feature a single sign on feature. When a user logs on to the website, they will be automatically logged on to the forum as well. Because of this feature *everyone* will need to reset their passwords. The new forum will have instructions for this. It is a very simple process, and should only take a minute or two.

Again, this forum will not be accessible for several days beginning this Sunday. If, during this time, you are not feeling well, please contact your care provider or visit your local emergency department immediately.

Update 10-17: The forum will still be accessible as read-only during this time. If you need to contact us, a few different options are listed in my post below.
sarab
Site Admin

Re : Changes coming for the PF website - UPDATED 10/17

Postby miamibunnie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 08:18 am

Looking fwd...change is a good thing..sounds positive..
miamibunnie

Postby misscoleyp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 08:48 am

I saw the preview of the new site and I! LOVE! IT!
misscoleyp

Postby amandamm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 09:10 am

quote:
Originally posted by misscoleyp

I saw the preview of the new site and I! LOVE! IT!

Me too! I LOVE it!!!!!!! I didn't see a "view new posts" though... I wish it had that!
amandamm

Postby eleni » Sat Oct 16, 2010 05:51 am

Please be sure to send any feedback re: the new website to feedback@preeclampsia.org.
eleni
Site Admin

Postby denise » Sun Oct 17, 2010 09:31 am

If you are on facebook, you can visit our facebook page in the meantime: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ears-To-You-Travel/55043936306?v=wall&filter=1#!/pages/Preeclampsia-Foundation-Official-Site/79881357937
We will have volunteers monitoring our info@preeclampsia.org email address should you have a question that cannot wait until the forum is back online.

You can chat it up there, post in the discussion section, ask questions, etc. We want to ensure that if you are not feeling well, please contact your care provider or visit your local emergency department immediately.

denise

Postby sarab » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:59 am

I just found out that the forum should still be available to read, just not to post, add new information, etc. If you visit us during this time and need support or a question answered, you have a few options:

Visit our Facebook page, as Denise suggested above.

Call our office number: 800.665.9341. While someone may not answer immediately, we will be returning messages in a timely manner.

Email info@preeclampsia.org, or a few our moderators have posted their contact info here: http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40937

Thank you for your patience while we make this transition!
sarab
Site Admin

Return to Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News