Preeclampsia Foundation Walk-A-Thon!

The Preeclampsia Foundation does not necessarily endorse any research or news found in this forum, we just want to share what is out there. Please use your own discretion to evaluate any information you find here.

Preeclampsia Foundation Walk-A-Thon!

Postby laura » Mon Feb 07, 2005 06:51 pm

This just came in from Jaime:

We are pleased to announce that the Preeclampsia Foundation is launching a nationwide walk-a-thon on Saturday, May 7, 2005. But in order to make this event a success, we need your help! Our goal is to hold at least 20 walk-a-thons across the nation with 50-75 people at each event. The suggested cost of the walk-a-thon will be $15 per person, and all walkers will get a Preeclampsia Foundation t-shirt. Several cities have signed up already including:

Hope, AR
Phoenix, AZ
Hartford, CT
Tampa, FL (or Orlando)
Ann Arbor, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Minneapolis, MN
Brookdale Park, NJ
Columbus, OH
Toledo, OH
Horsham, PA
Houston, TX

Please visit the following Forum link to view the necessary steps to begin planning a walk-a-thon in your area. Please let us know ASAP if you are willing to be a planner in your area. We will then set up a separate area on the forum to work with all the location "chairs" to provide support in planning the walk-a-thon.

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7376

Sincerely,

Jaime Nolan
Administrative Director
Preeclampsia Foundation
laura

Re : Preeclampsia Foundation Walk-A-Thon!

Postby jenniferej » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 am

I live in South Carolina has a walk a thon been set up here, I would love to attend, my whole life was chaged due to preeclampsia

Jennifer Johnson
jenniferej

Postby jenniferej » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:56 am

I am from South Carolina I recently sent an email asking if a walk a thon had been set up in my area, I myself was serverly effected by preeclampsia. My name is Jennifer Johnson, I live at ****** I would like more infromation on your web site.

Jennifer Johnson

Edited by administrator 3/23/05
jenniferej

Postby laura » Wed Mar 23, 2005 03:57 pm

Hi Jennifer, here's a list of places that are planning a Walk-A-Thon:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7618

I don't see SC on the list, have you thought of putting one together yourself? If you're interested, or maybe would be willing to travel to another state's Walk, email jaime@preeclampsia.org for more information. Welcome, we're so glad you found us!

Laura
Webmaster/Forum Administrator
AK Area Coordinator

Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 ~ Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/
laura

Postby cindergretta » Mon Apr 25, 2005 09:48 pm

Hi,

How do I get more info on the Oregon (Portland) walk-a-thon? I live in WA state but would be willing to drive down to Portland to participate. I have had pre-e in 3 pregnancies and HELLP in my last one. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Kristy (Nathan 06/94, Hannah 08/96, Audrey 08/00, Mathew 05/03, & Miraim 04/05 + wee angel in heaven)
cindergretta

Postby denise » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:01 am

Kristy, I'd suggest you send an email to Jaime at the email address Laura listed above. She can put you into contact with the Oregon walkathon coordinator.

-------
Denise (29) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (23 months)5/3/03-just shy of 35 weeks: Class 1 HELLP
http://hometown.aol.com/oneyodafan/DeniseHomePage.htm
denise

Return to Announcements and Preeclampsia in the News