Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Dr discourages trying for #2

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

Re: Dr discourages trying for #2

Postby hollyree » Tue Mar 26, 2013 08:33 pm

by hollyree (5 Posts), Tue Mar 26, 2013 08:33 pm

I did call my doctor about my high bp reading Monday and her nurse just said that it takes some time for the meds to build up and work in your system. I had it read this morning and it was 138/80. Much better but still a little on the high side. I'll go back for a follow-up April 9.

Thanks for the link to the questions! That will be really helpful! I appreciate all the help and support so far. It has definitely eased my mind about a lot of things. Thanks again!
Me 35 DH 37
DS - born 9/7/01 at 37 weeks due to severe PE
12/2006 - miscarried at 9 weeks
HTN - Bystolic 10mg
PCOS - Infertility
REALLY wanting to try for #2!
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 02:58 pm

Re: Dr discourages trying for #2

Postby jtkdillashaw » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 pm

by jtkdillashaw (3 Posts), Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 pm

I am in the same situation except I have just found out that we are expecting (when told against it). This was not planned and my OB suggests termination. I am 9 weeks along and my husband and I are having a really hard time with this decision. I want this baby very bad, but not at the expense of leaving my husband and 2 daughters (4 and 7) without a mom or having a child with severe development problems. That isn't fair. I know exactly how you feel. Being put in this situation and make this decision is way worse than just getting as much information as possible to fight for a second pregnancy. I too lost 30 pounds, but as my OB puts it "pregnancy is toxic to your body". I hope you get all the answers you need BEFORE you have to make extremely difficult choices. Good luck to you!

3 MC (1998, 2001, 2008)
Katelyn 11/2005 induced at 37.5w because of pe
Avery Jane 3/2009 induced at 34.5w because of severe pe
miracle due 3/2014
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 02:21 am

Re: Dr discourages trying for #2

Postby tstinnette0319 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 04:37 pm

by tstinnette0319 (2 Posts), Wed Sep 25, 2013 04:37 pm

I am going to be the one to agree with your dr. I hate to do this bc I know how much you want the second child. You must get your bp under control before getting pregnant. If you are having a hard time doing this without being pregnant, can you image how it will be with being pregnant? Being that said, the appt with the MFM dr is advisable, as others have recommended. If you do decide to proceed with the pregnancy with the high blood pressure (and you are dangerously high), be prepared to be admitted to the hospital early and have an extended bedrest. I am not saying that that God cannot make this happen for you bc miracles are his business, and you are deserving of your second, but be careful and think about your risks and its worth. Good luck to you and I am sorry to have to disagree with the post is only one opinion, though...

Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 09:12 pm


Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests