Hysteroscopy or Laparoscopy.... Anyone?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
froggie89

Re : Hysteroscopy or Laparoscopy.... Anyone?

Postby froggie89 » Sat Apr 01, 637352 6:32 pm

I had a lap when my doc removed one of my ovaries. I have 3 little scars (you can barely see them now). I was in a little bit of pain - only because it took my doc longer to get in there (I worked out a lot and did tons of crunches so she had to work for her money!!) I had gas pains one day - worse than cramps!! The only thing that I hated was riding in cars and being bloated for about a week. My doc wouldn't let me lift anything over 10 lbs for a week and no exercise for 6 weeks.

Hope that helps! :) Good Luck!!

sam
Mom to Alexander, 3/21/05-3/21/05, severe pe

kjones

Postby kjones » Sat Apr 01, 637352 5:55 am

No problems here with either of them. Good Luck!

bridget

Postby bridget » Fri Mar 31, 637352 9:39 pm

HI Carin- I have had both, on separate occasions. For the hysteroscopy and d&c to remove a polyp, I was awake and felt little discomfort. The recovery was very easy, especially since I didn't have to go under. I was fine by that evening- except for the gas pain. For the lap, I was under and had three tiny incisions. The gas pain was again the worst- sitting up in a car might aggravate it. Mine seemed to go away when I was lying down so maybe you could recline your seat. The gas pain maybe lasted 36 hours but other than that, I felt fine the next day after the lap. I think your pain can be worse depending on what they find. For example, if they are cutting out a lot of endometriosis, you might have more pain. They didn't find anything with my lap so that might have been why the recovery was so easy. I was easily caring for my two and a half year old the next day.

Best of luck,

alexp

Postby alexp » Fri Mar 31, 637352 11:47 am

Weeell...I had an exploratory lap about 5 years ago and I can give you my experiences.

The surgery and recovery - not bad at all! I felt little pain, even the same day and day after the surgery. I had no gas pain, although I have heard that's a common complaint. I had two tiny incisions. I was a little bit sore and stiff for a few days - and was back to normal completely in a week. I had it done on a Tuesday and could have gone back to work (office job) that Friday, although I chose to enjoy the rest of the week off, LOL. [;)]

Now, would I have been up to:

quote:My DH is an All Star soccer coach and we're suppossed to be leaving for a MAJOR tournament the day after surgery. I REALLY want to go, but DH and I are worried about how I'll feel after surgery:
Will I want to sit in the car for 4-5hrs?
How about feeling up to chasing after my son (almost 4yrs)?
Will I want to be out on a soccer field, sitting in a lawn chair or will I want to be in bed with lots of Motrin?

Honestly? No. I didn't really feel bad, but I spent most of the day on the couch, in the air conditioning, in my pjs, watching movies and eating ice cream. I would not have enjoyed being out in the heat or riding in a car for 5 hours. I definitely would not have enjoyed chasing a preschooler around a soccer field...actually, I don't know if I would have been able to do it.

Now, this doesn't mean your experiences will be the same as mine! But that said...if it were me, I would resched. the surgery until about a week before or after the big tourney, so as not to miss any of the fun [:)].

Good luck with things!

cara

Postby cara » Fri Mar 31, 637352 7:39 am

I had a Lap done to remove ovarian cysts about 4 years ago. It was not bad at all. It put me out for the rest of the day but that was about it. It also took a few weeks for the incisions to heal but that was the only thing...finding pants or whatever that didn't hit right where the incisions were made. I don't have any experience with the other procedure so maybe someone else will put their wisdom in!!

Good Luck!

melissam

Postby melissam » Fri Mar 31, 637352 1:07 am

Carin,

I don't have any experience in this and can't offer much, but I wanted to tell you good luck. I hope it all goes well and everything is taken care of. Please keep us posted.

carinh

Hysteroscopy or Laparoscopy.... Anyone?

Postby carinh » Thu Mar 30, 637352 2:33 pm

After over a year+ of TTC and going through all the tests, our Dr. didn't like what he saw on the HSG Test and wants to do surgery for an "irregularity" - whatever that means.

I don't know of anyone who has had a Hysteroscopy or Laparoscopy, so I'm looking for major feedback.

I'll definately be having the Hysterscopy and depending on what the Dr. finds, I could have the Laparoscopy at the same time.

My DH is an All Star soccer coach and we're suppossed to be leaving for a MAJOR tournament the day after surgery. I REALLY want to go, but DH and I are worried about how I'll feel after surgery:
Will I want to sit in the car for 4-5hrs?
How about feeling up to chasing after my son (almost 4yrs)?
Will I want to be out on a soccer field, sitting in a lawn chair or will I want to be in bed with lots of Motrin?

Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”