When you get pregnant, what is your plan?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
kdreher

Re : When you get pregnant, what is your plan?

Postby kdreher » Sun Jul 31, 2005 02:56 pm

I will continue to take the vitamins I take now: prenatal, folic acid, 1500mg of calcium and maybe a baby aspirin (though my peri doesn't recommend it) and maybe vit e. I may purchase a b/p monitor, but not sure..other than that I plan on trying to stay as calm and stress free as I can. I know my diet will get better - and I will continue to exercise - at least walk once or twice a day and do light free weights. I think too many focuses on "what might be wrong" will drive me insane. My ob actually suggested I DON"T have a b/p monitor as it might cause me to worry more than necessary. All in all, this might all change once I do get pg...:-) so we'll see how it goes.

sjs40

Postby sjs40 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:44 am

I would be on baby aspirin and vits C&E. I have a bp monitor anyway as my bp never went right back down after Ellie was born. I had GD and am now borderline type II diabetic so will continue monitoring blood sugars. Would like to get urine dip sticks, and would love to have a doppler machine!

heather h

Postby heather h » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:44 am

I will be on 100 mg Lovenox injections 2 times a day, Baby asprin, my prenatal vitamins, and levothyroxine for my thyroid. That should be about it.. [:)]

DH and I did buy a blood pressure cuff and what not so we can monitor my bp at home, and we've already looked into renting a monitor like they have at the doctors office - the high tech ones so we can listen to the heart beat and check the heart rate and stuff of the baby.

yeah - we're all just a little paranoid.. hah hah hah - hey , it's normal for what we've all been through. [B)]

Good luck to everyone.. hopefullly we'll be banging out BFP's left and right next month!

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Fri Jul 29, 2005 01:35 am

I am going to be on vitamins (extra C, some extra E and calcium), baby aspirin, fish oil, moderate low-impact exercise, and acupuncture (found a wonderful woman here that specializes in fertility, pregnancy and birth). I'll monitor blood pressure regulalary and keep a journal as well. I probably won't measure my ankles!![:)]

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Fri Jul 29, 2005 00:00 am

quote:Originally posted by angelKat

WOW I thought I was bad until I read ankle measurements LOL!... It's so easy for someone to say don't stress about it. But, after suffering a loss all you can do is stress over everything.

You can usually find urine dip sticks at the local pharmacy (not big chains) if they don't have I'm sure they can order them for you.

Keeping a log of BP's is a great way to keep track of things.

LOL I figure my ankles are were my swelling started last time, so if I keep measurements of them I should know as soon as things are starting to go funny. Hmmm I could have hubby check my relexs to because that was the other thing that docs were all flipped out about, my reflex were SOOOO strong.

lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:07 pm

Good for you, it is great you are going to stay so on top of things, sounds like you have a good plan in place!

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:58 pm

WOW I thought I was bad until I read ankle measurements LOL!... It's so easy for someone to say don't stress about it. But, after suffering a loss all you can do is stress over everything.

You can usually find urine dip sticks at the local pharmacy (not big chains) if they don't have I'm sure they can order them for you.

Keeping a log of BP's is a great way to keep track of things.

kjones

Postby kjones » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:47 pm

Smart Woman!! That's the best thing you can do, is keep record of everything..

princess purr

When you get pregnant, what is your plan?

Postby princess purr » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:35 pm

I was wondering what everyone's plans are?

Doc said I will be on vitimens, Fish Oil (yuck!), 81 mgs of asprin, maybe magneisum pills (I spelled that so wrong).

I plan to keep a journal with my blood presure, weight, ankle measurements, blood sugar, urine dip (need to figure out where to buy the test strips) and any symtoms of feeling I have. LOL am I parnoid much?? I figure at least it will be an interesting journal to look back on, hopefully I will not get preeclampsia again but if I do everything will be very well documented!!!!

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”