Got some bad news yesterday

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
lorelei

Re : Got some bad news yesterday

Postby lorelei » Fri Dec 09, 2005 07:42 pm

I'm so sorry...That's hard news to hear. I hope that this next cycle works and you get your bfp. Keep us posted. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 05:30 pm

Melissa, I hope they are wrong and you get your bfp soon, Ime sorry for the frustration.

shelbys mom

Postby shelbys mom » Fri Dec 09, 2005 04:58 pm

Melissa I am so sorry to hear this, I am hoping that something can be done for you, sending you hugs

mel h.

Got some bad news yesterday

Postby mel h. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 04:54 pm

My first cycle with letrozole and Repronex injections every other day did not go well. In fact, my ovaries didn't respond at all.
So, we had a conference call with the RE yesterday and she told me that she thinks I have less than a 10% chance of conceiving using my own eggs, even with the medication. Apparently, I'm very close to being in premature ovarian failure, which she determined by doing a Clomid challenge test a month or so ago to determine my ovarian reserves. I had a day 10 FSH level of 20, which is pretty high. They like that number to be under 10. I'm 30 years old.
Oh, and she thinks the preeclampsia may have been related to my poor egg quality as well. That's the first I've heard of that theory.
She brought up the option of IVF with donor eggs and said the success rate of that is 55%. My husband and I did not want to hear about that. We would adopt before we would do that.
She agreed to try one more cycle of the Repronex, only step it up quite a bit to 450 mL, every day, next cycle. She said if my ovaries don't develop any good follicles on that dosage, then that's it.
I was pretty distraught yesterday, so I went over and talked to my OB about it. She said she thinks that clinic may recommend donor eggs a little prematurely sometimes – she's had a few patients who have been told the same thing by the REs at that clinic and they've ended up getting pregnant with their own eggs. She encouraged me to get a second opinion before we quit everything.
So, the plan is to do one more cycle with the highest dose of Repronex in January and see what happens. At least then this whole roller coaster will be over with and we can consider our options if we can't have a biological child.
I just never thought it would come to this.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”