I have given up

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
melissa-ct

Re : I have given up

Postby melissa-ct » Thu Mar 02, 2006 03:11 pm

I understand how unfair this is. I went through IVF 3 times and it seems like everyone else was getting pregnant without trying. I have heard many hurtful comments during the 4 years of trying to conceive. I found an online support group that really helped me. Resolve-the national infertility foundation has a bulliten board similar to this one. You will be pleasantly suprised at the number of people with he same feelings and experiences that you have. If you are interested the web address is resolve.org. Once there click on "coping with infertilty" and then "bulliten board".

Good luck to you!
Melissa

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:44 am

Many, many hugs Kim. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you.

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 08:26 am

There isn't anything I can add that hasn't been said. I feel for you and pray for you. All of you ladies who want a baby are always in my prayers. I hope you get your wish someday, someway.

rebecca

Postby rebecca » Thu Mar 02, 2006 00:38 am

Kim, I know how you are feeling and I am so sorry.

lucy

Postby lucy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 04:03 pm

Kim, I just want to send mnay hugs. Please hang in there and know I am thinking of you.

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Tue Feb 28, 2006 07:02 pm

Kim,
I totally understand every word you wrote and I have felt the same way sometimes. I really wish there was some way we could all fix this and get the miracle we want. I'm so sorry. As much as it hurts, I know that if this does not work for us, I have to realize eventually that I have to live my life. Email me if you need to talk.

arj

Postby arj » Tue Feb 28, 2006 05:36 pm

You've gotten such great advice and comfort from those who have walked in your shoes, so there is nothing more than I can add other than to say I'm so sorry. I can't imagine the frustration and emotion behind your experience. Take care of yourself.

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Tue Feb 28, 2006 05:16 pm

Kim

I understand...it has been over two years of ttc for us too. I know how insensitive people can be...just last week I had a friend say to me "It's amazing I didn't get pregnant more than I did" she knows my history and it may have been said before she even realized. I am sorry you are so down. I can totally relate!

norlisa k

Postby norlisa k » Tue Feb 28, 2006 04:27 pm

Kim,

I am so very sorry for your heartbreak. You're not being rude nor offensive, and you are nowhere near being a failure. One thing that I learned with infertility is that we don't have to apologize for other people being rude, ignorant, and downright mean. Unless one has been through the journey of infertility, they really don't understand the heartache involved. Gordon and I used to see what answers (usually ones that would make the offenders look shell-shocked) we could come up with to make people leave us alone, and oftentimes it worked. And about the shower, if you really don't feel like going, don't. My friends and I in the "infertility club" avoided too many showers and dodged too many phone calls to count ~ why put yourself in a situation that will cause you additional heartache. Take care of yourself and your feelings first, and your true friends will understand your need to step back, and even step out and away from certain situations for a while.

I know that it's much easier said than done, but please know and believe in your heart that you are not a failure. Don't apologize for whining, you're not ~ we're here for you.

Love,
Norlisa

hmoore

Postby hmoore » Tue Feb 28, 2006 03:32 pm

I am so sorry. Please do not think that you are a failure you are far from that. I know how you feel about not wanting to attend the shower please do not beat yourself up over that. I am sure your friend will understand if you do not make it. You are in my thoughts again I am so sorry.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”