this stinks!!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
froggie89

Re : this stinks!!

Postby froggie89 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:20 pm

It's hard not to obsess about getting/being pregnant when that's all you want to be. I think I was more obsessed with trying the second time around than I was the first. I got more upset the second time when AF would show up that's for sure. I finally said enough and stopped thinking about it so much. When a thought would get into my mind, I'd work harder at work, if I was at home, I'd get in "clean mode" and start cleaning EVERYTHING to get my mind off the baby stuff. It's hard I won't lie. I got pregnant the second time once I stopped thinking about it and I "gave up."

Good Luck to you and all the ladies ttc! I hope you journey is short and another bfp wave starts soon!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Fri Jul 21, 2006 09:57 pm

I am new to this forum, but have been lurking a while. I was just really glad to read these postings, and see that I am not crazy. We are not even trying right now, and I still have the next pregnancy on my mind all of the time. I look at other pregnant women and just want to be where they are (usually way pregnant!). I just want to close my eyes and wake up at 36 weeks and have everything be okay. I am so scared of everything happening again. Hopefully all of you ladies trying DO get your BFP! Good Luck!

jdsmom

Postby jdsmom » Fri Jul 21, 2006 04:25 pm

I sooooo relate to you. It's kind of like it's always on your mind -no matter how busy you are. And yes, I too notice the pregnant woman everywhere - Target is big no-no for me for that reason alone (they seem to congregate there). It's really practically impossible not too obsess - your planning on adding another human being to your family (any day now. . . .) - this will change everything; and not to mention the fact that there's a huge concern about the pregnancy once you are successful with ttc. I try to find new things to do, visit fun friends, and stay busy with the normal stuff as is, but I'm pretty sure there's not going to be anything I can do to just remove this from my mind. It's tough. Here's hoping we both get our bfp this month.

hmoore

this stinks!!

Postby hmoore » Fri Jul 21, 2006 04:01 pm

This just really stinks! It feels like everywhere I go there is pregnant women. Two girls I work with just found out that they are pregnant my sister is due in August. Every time I go shopping I run in to a bunch of pregnant women even when I turn on the TV it feels like every celebrity around my age is pregnant. Before I lost Conner I do not remember running into all these pregnant women is it just me or is there a baby boom going on? Maybe I just did not notice it before because I was not trying What ever the case it is so frustrating because it is just not happening for me. Everyone tells me to just not stress out about it do not think about it so much but how can I not when it feels like everyone around me is having babies!!! What are you ladies doing to keep busy and not obsess about ttc?? I work full time, I have hobbies, I exercise. But I think about it while working, while exercising at night I am not sure how to stop obsessing.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”