Am I doing the right thing - nervous, excited !!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
taras mom

Re : Am I doing the right thing - nervous, excited !!

Postby taras mom » Sun Aug 21, 637678 9:52 pm

Good follicle counts! The symptoms aren't all in your head, either. Good luck with your egg retrieval, and tell your dh he has to spoil you afterward.

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Sun Aug 21, 637678 7:02 pm

Just an update... I had my follicle scan done todya and it is all looking REALLY good - 13 on one side and 9 on the other - no wonder my tummy looks like I'm 6 months preg and is SOOO sore.
It looks like I will be having my egg collection next wednesday and implant on Friday - its getting really real now....I think I'm excited !!!
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and support...
Love Lucy XX

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon May 23, 637678 10:01 am

Just dropping by to sprinkle some baby dust, Lucy. I'm praying it goes well!

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Sun May 22, 637678 11:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes.
The injections I'm having have already started making my ovaries sore (I think... unless it is in my head) and they told me it will effect my hormones big time and to expect teary moments, acne breakouts etc.
WEEEELLLLLLL..... My dh has said to me about ten times "I'm going to blame that one on the injections !!" I'm being so irrational and silly and crying at the drop of a hat about anything and everything (which isn't like me at all), AND I have Mt. Vesouvious growing off my head and lots of little friends popping up - I haven't had skin like this since I was 13.... so embaressing and I can't explain to others why I look like this because we are not letting others know we are on IVF until if/when we fall pregnant.
Thats my little whinge for today.
Hope you are all well.
Love Lucy XX

jana m

Postby jana m » Sun May 22, 637678 5:30 pm

Lucy,
If your heart is telling you this is the right thing to do, than I'm sure it is. I wish you only the best and will be thinking of you.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Wed May 11, 637678 8:35 am

Good Luck Lucy! Keep us posted on how things go!

robertmyangel

Postby robertmyangel » Wed May 11, 637678 8:18 am

Good luck Lucy, I am thinking of you, and praying for you every night.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed May 11, 637678 3:03 am

I hope you have great success, Lucy! I know you're nervous (aren't we all?!?!), but you'll do great! Keep us posted on how it's all progressing...here's to a fast positive and long, slow pregnancy!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue May 10, 637678 3:31 pm

Good luck Lucy...keeping you in my prayers!

akemt

Postby akemt » Tue May 10, 637678 1:41 pm

Not I, but best of luck with your procedures and getting pregnant! Were any of your other children IVF (sorry if that isn't the correct term for what you're doing)? I can imagine the "it's starting" sensation is a bit nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time! We all go through the "Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?" emotions, but they are often overpowered by the excitement and joy of a new pregnancy. I would imagine that both feelings will come and go throughout pregnancy...this isn't your first post-preeclamptic pregnancy, so you likely know how that goes already! I hope that all goes well in the next few weeks and that it will be followed by months of healthy pregnancy. Keep us updated! I'm excited for you!

Best wishes,

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”