Appointment with peri yesterday

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
joker

Re : Appointment with peri yesterday

Postby joker » Thu Jan 12, 637989 8:38 pm

Alicia,
I am so sorry your peri couldn't offer you anything more positive. I am meeting with one of my peri's next week, and I am sure the conversation will be similar. I have had the tests for blood clotting disorders and they all came back negative. I was diagnosed with PE at 18 weeks. I know the risk is greater in a second pregnancy when you develop PE early and that just isn't fair.

My hubby and I are going to have to make the same decisions in a few months, and we have also had surrogacy suggested to us, but it is almost too hard to make that choice. Risk your life for a life? I don't know...

But you are not a failure! You are an incredible person and whether you have a baby on your own with a successful pregnancy or through a surrogate or adoption, you will be an incredible mother because you know how precious life is.

If you need to talk, feel free to email me. I know how scary it all is and I am also going through it.

jlk6504@sbcglobal.net

onesock

Postby onesock » Mon Jan 02, 637989 2:59 am

I am so glad to read your post that you are doing better and having hope! I have been thinking of you and hoping that the test give you even more hope:) You are in my thoughts!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sun Jan 01, 637989 1:43 pm

Alicia, that must have been a really hard appointment to go through, you are right, this does suck! It sounds like the doctor wants to get all the info, and that is the kind of doc you want! I hope that this all works out for you.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Wed Dec 21, 637988 3:39 pm

Alicia,

You're right it does suck. I'm sorry hon. While I know it's hard to hear that news, it's better that you have all the information now so you can make the right decision. I know it's not fair and it's hard to take. I hope that the tests will give you the answers that you need so you can make that decision - whatever it will be. Remember that we're here for you whatever that decision is. You're in my thoughts. Take care.

for faith

Postby for faith » Wed Dec 21, 637988 4:28 am

Alicia - Glad that your peri sounds so thorough, but I so understand the pain of the decision to try again. Losing Faith and then deciding trying again was the hardest thing I have done in my life....something you expect to be so easy (having a healthy baby in your arms) and it is so hard, it isn't fair. Thinking of you......

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Sat Dec 10, 637988 5:27 am

I'm catching this in the middle but just wanted to share a story I read this morning in our local paper. It was about a couple who couldn't have a baby and they got a serrogate....her best friend. It really was a touching story. When they were having difficulties with getting pregnant and carrying a baby (she mc a lot) the doctor said--do you want to be pregnant or do you want a child? They ended up doing the serrogacy and what do ya know-the local paper cut us off and I have to wait until tomorrow to read the rest of the story! Anyway--I wish you luck with whatever you decide--just reading your story though reminded me of the lady here.

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Wed Nov 16, 637988 12:55 am

Thank you, ladies.
I feel much better today and full of hope.

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Tue Nov 15, 637988 3:54 pm

Thinking of you Alicia. You know our angels have a lot in common. Tyler was on 12.3 oz at 24 weeks. I know the decision to try again is difficult. But I was to stubborn to give up all hope. (probably from my red hair!) I can't say that another pregnancy will be cake, because mine has not. But I am way past my milestone and doing great! Don't get me wrong, I won't be completely relieved until he is here, but that is something that all of us PE sisters have in common. I was tested for underlying disorders after I had Tyler, but all came back normal! BUT, I am still taking a BA and Lovenox. I will never know for sure, but I am thanking the Lovenox for taking me thus far through the pregnancy. PLUS, I have my own personal angel to thank for watching over his mommy and brother. I will be anxious to hear how your test results come out. Wishing you peace in whatever decision you and DH make!

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Tue Nov 15, 637988 8:03 am

I know your feelings all too well...I wish you peace as you make your decision.I'm sure you can't wait to get those tests done.

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Nov 14, 637988 11:26 am

Alicia,

I'm sorry that you didn't get everything you had hoped out of this appointment. It is horrible to have such a lack of control over things...

Thinking of you,

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”