Cycle wonky after m/c?

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
frumiousb

Re : Cycle wonky after m/c?

Postby frumiousb » Fri Oct 04, 637991 4:20 am

Hi Michelle,

If it's not here by 16 September then they'll "talk about it". It goes against every bit of a Dutch doctor to interfere, so I suspect that they'll want me to keep waiting.

Mom29,

Thanks a lot. Since it's herbal medicine, I wouldn't be able to get a doctor to make a recommendation here. Just trying to compare actual experience with vitex with the information that I found online.

Thanks to everyone.

Cheryl

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Wed Sep 11, 637991 6:59 pm

From the day that AF started, I was clockwork. That is until I delivered my first baby at 24 weeks. After that she has been all screwed up. I have never miscarried, but that was just after having Tyler. Will your dr. prescribe you anything to help AF start?

elainej9

Postby elainej9 » Sun Sep 01, 637991 2:05 pm

I had a m/c in May this year at 10 weeks and my cycle is still off track too. Time I suppose, but it does drive us crazy!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Sun Sep 01, 637991 11:48 am

My cycle started right at a month after my m/c, lasted a week, stopped for a couple of days and then started up again. I also had some big clots. My doc had told me that it could take a while for my cycle to show up after the m/c and it can be a little wacky (meaning more cramping, clotting, starting/stopping and just being a little late). It is definately frustrating!!

mom29

Postby mom29 » Sun Sep 01, 637991 8:48 am

I don't want to play armchair physican so keep in mind this is just what was recommended to me personally. I took a total of 200 mg. of vitex a day. I also took a B-100 vitamin once a day because I was told this would be helpful also. I took it for approximately three months before I got pregnant. I stopped the vitex immediately when I got a positive pregnancy test. I knew my luteal phase was short because I had charted for awhile using the wwww.fertilityfriend.com online charting. When I wasn't sure the vitex would really help with my cycles, I continued taking it because it greatly reduced the severity of the migraines I would get around the time of my period. It also evened out my mood so I didn't feel tense around that time. I googled vitex and B vitamins and asked knowledgeable friends so I could learn more about it before I started taking them.

I lost a son at 14 months of age and miscarried last summer at 14 weeks so I have some understanding of your loss. I truly am sorry for your loss of Sophie, it's a rough road to travel.

frumiousb

Postby frumiousb » Fri Aug 30, 637991 3:17 am

mom29, how much vitex did you take, and for how long?

mom29

Postby mom29 » Thu Aug 08, 637991 11:53 am

I took vitex to even out my cycle and lengthen my luteal phase.

alexp

Postby alexp » Sun Jul 28, 637991 11:52 am

I had a m/c several years ago - IIRC it took about 3 months before I had my first period, and after that I had about two more cycles that were short, spotty, and weird before I was back to a regular cycle.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this, Cheryl - I hope things are back on track for you very soon.

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sat Jul 27, 637991 7:21 pm

Mine was all messed up after my first m/c..... I had several wacky cycles.... one was 55 days long...Hang in there....HUGs

frumiousb

Cycle wonky after m/c?

Postby frumiousb » Sat Jul 27, 637991 6:50 pm

The only thing in the world that worked about my girl parts is my period. It appeared every 28 days, rain or shine. Even after Sophie was stillborn, there it was again-- right on schedule.

Until now. Our m/c in July seems to have messed things up good and proper. I should have had my period in mid-August, but here we are in almost September and still no dice.

Of course, at my age (38) I immediately think the worst. But the docs have pooh-poohed that and said my body just needs to depregnant itself. Apparently two failed pregnancies in a six month period are enough to confuse even the most regular of cycles. But I can't start the fertility treatments again until my cycle starts.

Anyone else have something similar? From readings online, it seems to be not too uncommon.

But gosh, how frustrating.

Cheryl

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”