I might actually be ready!

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.
hhbeachgurl

Re : I might actually be ready!

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sat Apr 13, 638318 2:20 pm

HUgs hun, I have strated to feel the same way, ansley is 2 months older then your little one. I am just ready to start thinking about it but not ready for action yet LOL! fingers crossed for you hun.

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun Mar 31, 638318 10:22 am

Julie,
It sounds like you've got your bases covered. Good luck and keep us posted!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu Mar 21, 638318 5:20 am

I had CHT and so far so good with this pregnancy.... can't wait to see you all on the pregnant again thread...

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sun Mar 10, 638318 1:24 am

YES! Yes! yes! We have to believe it will be better this time for us all! I keep reading the stories on the "pregnant again" forum and know we'll be there next. I'm taking my prenatals, LDA and Nifedipine too. We're in good company.

julieb

Postby julieb » Sat Mar 09, 638318 11:55 pm

I do feel like I am medically ready. I saw my peri and OB in March for preconception visits and I know all the underlying disorders I have (hopefully all of them, 2 is enough!). I know I will be taking aspirin, lovenox, vitamin b, folic acid, and my BP meds...what a list! We got all of the medical stuff taken care and we were just waiting until we were ready. My BP has been under control 100-115/70-78 for a few months now and kidneys and heart have been fully checked out. Hopefully all of the testing and medication will make a difference this time. We do have family and friends that we will put "on call" when I am pregnant again because my OB and I have already decided that if things start going down hill I will be put on hospital bedrest. We came very close to losing my son and only found out he was in distress because I had a doc. appt. that day. I don't want to take that risk again! I have read so many success stories on here and hopefully I will be one of them. I am looking forward to joining the "pregnant again" thread in the near future :)

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Mar 09, 638318 6:58 pm

Start planning ahead of time - get in to see the MFM/peri and like I've been told, managing the CHT preconception is supposed to help tons! You ahve a lot on your hands, but you will figure it out. don't be afraid to ask others for help. I've been prepping my close friends to be my "High Risk" team when I do get pregnant again.

Hopefully, we'll be posting in the "pregnant again" thread together in a few months. Keep us updated!

annoited

Postby annoited » Sat Mar 09, 638318 4:19 pm

Anne is absolutely right.. Good luck on TTC.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Sat Mar 09, 638318 1:23 pm

Good luck!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sat Mar 09, 638318 2:23 am

I think that it is great that you have decided to try for another! The best thing you can do for yourself is plan, go to the high-risk doc for a consult before getting pregnant, have the bloodwork done and get a strategy going. As far as the bedrest thing, I would try and plan for that, also, you know all those people who came to you when your son was born and asked what they could do to help? call in the favor now, see if people can help if you have to go on bedrest. Good Luck, keep us posted.

julieb

I might actually be ready!

Postby julieb » Wed Feb 27, 638318 12:30 am

For the last couple of days I have been feeling like I might be ready for another baby, crazy but so exciting! I haven't even told DH yet because he has been ready for months and I want to make sure I am truly ready before I get him all excited about having another little one. I am completely scared to death of having complications again and what do I do this time if I am put on bedrest and I have a toddler to take care of? As hard as it was last time, it would be even harder this time around. Last time I had CHT that revealed itself in pregnancy so I am hoping that since it is under control before TTC that maybe I will have fewer complications. My DS is 18 months and life is hectic but I feel like I have room for more for the first time since he was born. We are going to be starting OT for his eating issues in January and once we see what is going on with that, we may TTC! I feel like DS needs to be a priority because who will take him to therapy once a week if I am on bedrest? I think my excitement of having another baby is finally outweighing the fear. This board has definitely helped me because I see how many of you are being so brave and TTC again and it gives me hope and I know I am not alone. Thank you all for sharing your stories.

Return to “Trying Again after Preeclampsia”