TTC this month

Are you considering having another child after preeclampsia? Trying again after preeclampsia can be an emotional challenge. You can find support with others who share your concerns here.

TTC this month

Postby steelsword328 » Thu May 20, 2004 08:08 pm

Dh and I decided to go ahead with TTC this month. It took us a year last-with one round of Clomid to get pg with Alyssa. I did the charting too. Prefer not to do any of that this time--charting was a pain and I really don't want to risk twins-or more with the Clomid! Doc wants me to try for about 4-6 months before coming back to him. I'm 8 days into my cycle--so hopefully will O sometime next week--but we'll start BD this weekend as my periods range from 24-28 days. So I guess I could O as early as Sunday or Monday. Definately don't want it to be a "chore" like it became last time--want to have fun this time!![:D] I do look for the CM changes-although sometime they are very subtle--still think I have months where I may no Ovulate. That was my problem last time--irregular periods with irreg. ovulation.

I'll take ASA and Heparin 5 wks into my pg. IN fact doc has already given me a prescription for the Heparin so I can go ahead and start giving myself the injections while waiting to get an initial appt with him![:)]

Anyway--keep your fingers crossed. Hope to do it in one month and not play the waiting game!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Re : TTC this month

Postby steelsword328 » Thu May 20, 2004 08:11 pm

Oops..this was supposed to go in the TTC category...I must have hit "new topic" instead of "reply to topic" Sorry!

Renee mom to Alyssa-26wkr-1lb 4oz.-severe PE-now a happy and healthy 2 year old!
TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Postby julie f » Thu May 20, 2004 10:19 pm

Renee,

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope that you'll be posting with happy news soon!

Have you tried those ovulation predictor kits? They didn't really do me any good but, I know many women swear by them.

Good luck!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby steelsword328 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:42 am

No, I haven't tried the ovulation predictor kits. ARen't they kinda expensive? I don't have a whole lot of money to waste!--I just went part time 2 months ago--ouch!
I may try one or two--thanks for the suggestion!

TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Postby specmom » Fri May 21, 2004 08:01 pm

Renee,
Since you started a new topic, I thought I would take advantage and say hello! I have low protein S and soon will have to take heparin shots 2x's a day if TTC# 2 works out. I am a little daunted by the prospect, but if it reduces my chances of pe/HELLP in any way, I'm in. I became very lazy with BBT charting this month, [:I] and I am not exactly sure when I O'ed. I actually think I missed the surge on the OPK. All negatives! I suppose I could have not O'ed at all---I just stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago. I am on CD 19, so I guess I will find out soon enough. Did you take heparin shots when you were pg with Alyssa, too? I have read that most people do it in the abdomen to lessen the pain. Are you a little daunted by everything you will have to do for the pg too? Best of luck TTC#2! Keep me posted. [:)]

Tamara
*Cole(2/15/03)-Gest.Diab/HELLP/severe PE/Emerg.C-Sect
*TTC #2-Protein S
specmom

Postby taras mom » Fri May 21, 2004 11:06 pm

Renee, I have to ask: What does BD stand for?

The ovulation test kits can get expensive, especially when they always show up negative,[xx(] but the ovulation scope might be worth the money. Mine was less than $20, and I can reuse it again and again.

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel
taras mom

Postby julie f » Fri May 21, 2004 11:50 pm

I do think the ovulation kits can get expensive... (Especially if you're a chronic tester - ovulation, pregnancy, etc... - like me[:I]) Fortunately for my checkbook, I only bought one box and I think they were on sale. I found out I was pg the next month so, the temptation to test away was gone [;)]! The +++ was no thanks to the ovulation sticks though, they showed negative the whole time... (probably why they were on sale...!) Some women say it works for them though so, who knows?

This time around, we're on one income... so, I promised DH I wouldn't go wasting $$ on kits, tests, etc... Trying sooooo hard to stay away from that aisle at Target...[^]

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Praying for a miracle... TTC #2 is a go!

Southern California Coordinator
julie f

Postby steelsword328 » Sat May 22, 2004 12:56 am

Carol,
BD is something I picked up from a TTC board I belonged to when I was ttc Alyssa. It stands for "babydancing"--or bluntly--having sex! Not sure who came up with it, but it had been used long before I joined the board. Weird, but cute! :)

TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Postby steelsword328 » Sat May 22, 2004 01:04 pm

Tamara,
I didn't find out about my anticardiolipins until recently. So, to answer you first question-no I didn't take Heparin and ASA with Alyssa's pregnancy. I'm not really bothered by having to take Heparin shots, I just thrilled that I know what may have caused or contributed to my PE. I know it's a strange way to describe finding something "wrong"--but I look at it as an answer to a long standing question. I have a vitamin B12 deficieny, so I have been giving myself Subcutaneous (which it what the Heparin will be) B12 shots monthly for over a year now. Needles don't bother me-I'm a nurse; and it really doesn't hurt. I give them in my thighs-alternating. I never got into injecting into my stomach. But, with Heparin you have to give it twice a day, so I'll need several areas I can give it in--thighs, stomach, arms.
I'm really excited about TTC#2 and hope I won't have to wait as long to conceive as I did with Alyssa (one year--not long to some people). I selfishly pray it will happen this month--we'll see...God has his own plan!
Good Luck with you ttc--and everyone else!

TTC#2!!!!
steelsword328

Return to Trying Again after Preeclampsia